There’s one thing I’ve discovered in my 42 years here on earth – the more organized I am heading to bed, the better I feel in the morning. It’s a simple fact, but it’s a true fact. When I wake up to a clean and organized home, my day just kicks off on a better foot.
6 Things To Always Do Before Bed
I know the amount of “mess” or disorganization is different for everyone, but the foundation is the same. Clean it up. Organize the mess. Get rid of the clutter. You will feel better. It’s really that kind of simple for anyone.
As a mom of 5 kids (4 of them being teenage boys with lots of stuff!), I feel like my house is in a constant rotation of craziness. Whether there’s a football or helmet on my counter. Whether there’s stack of books or homework on my counter. Whether there’s cleats in the hallway or water bottles (basically everywhere). I know that every night I’m greeted with some sort of teenage-mess-chaos.
Then there’s my 6 year old daughter. There’s stuff everywhere. There’s toys and ribbons and bows. There’s clothing and shoes and headbands. There’s notebooks and crayons and markers. She’s just like I was as a child, a little girl tornado. I have to say, I do love having little girl stuff around the house.
Then there’s my husband. Oh, mama mia! I always laugh when I think about my husband because he loves to say that he doesn’t have anything out of place, but the reality is – he’s one of the worst culprits! He has stuff everywhere and it’s tough to be manage it all. Paperwork, laptop and (it kills me) never puts food away after he takes it out.
I know I’m bad, too. I’m not innocent in any of this. I try to stay as organized as possible, but it’s tough. I’m someone who loves to keep things tidy and orderly. I love knowing that everything has a place, it’s a good feeling. I know I need to be better, but I do try my hardest. 🙂
So the question is… how does ORGANIZATION happen? What can YOU do at night, even if you just have 1 person in your family to keep everything organized and tidy? It all starts in the kitchen.
Your kitchen is the hub of your home – regardless of how big your home is. I have to say, this is what I love about a kitchen… it doesn’t matter how big or small your house is – the kitchen the the HUB.
Before you head up to bed every single night, you should make sure you do these 6 things in your kitchen before you head to bed:
1. Empty your Dishwasher – One of the most important things for me to do is make sure the dishwasher is empty before heading up. If there’s clean dishes inside, it’s important to make sure they are put away. This is important because once it’s empty, you can (move on the #2).
2. Load the Dishwasher – Once the dishwasher is empty you’re able to load it back on up! I love being able to load it up and then run it before you head to bed. I actually love going up to bed at night listening to the sound of the dishwasher humming. There’s something nice knowing that the dishes are being done while I’m falling asleep.
3. Clean the Counters – This is one of the toughest parts, but it feels so good once it’s done. I make sure all of the counters are clear. That’s right – homework,pens, dishes, books, food bags, etc. Everything gets out away. I hate seeing anything left out on the counters. It’s a good feeling to see a cleared space when you come down in the morning.
4. Wipe Down the Counters – After I clear the counters off, I love to wash them. I know it’s important to make sure everything is clean and polished! There’s lots of drops and drips that happen throughout the day, so I love being able to make sure everything is washed right on down.
5. Clean the Sink – My husband loves it when I do this because he can smell the Comet from upstairs! I love to take a sponge and just Comet down my kitchen sink before bed. I can’t tell you how awesome it feels to come down to a super clean kitchen, but a clean sink? Oh, my! It’s perfection!
6. Prep the Coffee Machine – There’s nothing like waking up to the fresh smell of coffee! I love to set my coffee machine up before I head up to bed. I love being able to come down to a fresh pot of coffee already brewed and ready for me to pour! This is one of my favorite things to wake up to in the morning!
If you do these 6 things in your kitchen before you head to bed at night, I promise you – you will feel AMAZING in the morning. There’s something that’s so refreshing about waking up to a clean and organized and tidy space! It helps jump start your day to be the best day possible!
While I have you! Loving this Fashion Over 40 – Daily Dose of Style Facebook Group (that I would LOVE for you to join) and I share trends and styles every single day in there, along with the best sales online for fashion. I fully believe that you can and should be able to look your best without breaking the bank.
You want to feel confident and beautiful and you CAN! I hope my info helps! We have a ton of fashion fun in there! And you don’t need to be 40 years old!!!!!!!
HEAD ON OVER AND JOIN US HERE!!! I also share beauty tips there, too. Love your support and let me know what it is you’re looking for, too!
Make sure you share with me if there’s something you love and I missed it on the blog! See my last post on my Faux Mink Lashes! I’m all about sharing everything I can when it comes to fashion and beauty! Hope these posts help you out!