There are so many great apps out there that can help you stay consistent and monitor the progress of your workouts. Many of them are integrated with social media, so you can stay motivated with help from Facebook friends! I’m all about finding the best fitness apps for moms and just women in general. We’re all in this together and it’s helpful to have some accountability.
Best Fitness Apps to Help your Workouts
I’m all about working out on the go. With my life and my schedule I need to make sure my workouts are fast and furious. I need to make sure I’m doing what I can to stay on track. I found some of the best fitness apps out there to keep myself ready to rock and roll the workouts! I love getting myself fired up and fueled up, too!
Here are five of my favorite fitness apps and in my opinion the best fitness apps out there:
1. Map My Run (FREE)— I use this app all the time to track my runs. This app allows you to track your run on a map (you can actually seeing yourself moving on the map), and save the route for later. While you are working out, you can view your pace, duration of workout, distance, and many other variables. It’s not just for running—there are so many other sports already loaded into the app including biking, walking, hiking, and swimming.
2. Charity Miles (FREE)— Charity Miles is a great app that allows you to raise money for a charity while you workout. It’s a great motivational tool to help you stay consistent with your workout routine. Charities you can choose from include: RED, Stand Up to Cancer, the Wounded Warrior Project, and many more. Use the app for walking, running, or biking.
3. Couch to 5K ($1.99)— This is my favorite app for beginners looking to start a running routine. Couch to 5K starts you off with a walk/run combination that will ease you into running a 5K over 9 weeks. The app has GPS capabilities, and it’s well worth the $1.99 price tag!
4. Nike+ (FREE)— Nike Plus is a great running app that allows you to compete against your friends during your training. It has GPS capabilities that track your run and provide you with stats along the way. It also integrates with Facebook to allow your friends to send you “cheers” by liking your Facebook post. You will hear these cheers on your run- how cool?!
5. 7-Minute Workout Challenge ($1.99)— This app provides you with a high-intensity 7-minute workout that consists of 12 exercises that last for 30 seconds (with 10 second rest intervals). You don’t need equipment or a gym, so there’s no excuse not to do these workouts! They are also perfect for the busy parent, since you only need 7 minutes!
Please check out these other fitness blog posts:
ABOUT JESSICA FROM 30 SOMETHING MOTHER RUNNER: *Jessica Morrison is a new contributor for MomGenerations.com! Jessica has the blog: 30 Something Mother Runner.
I am a thirty-something mother runner to three crazy (but very lovable) young boys and a lazy greyhound, living the beach life on Cape Cod.I was once asked whether I run to keep up with the boys or to run away, and I guess I would say it’s a little of both! As a mother and a runner, I believe strongly in living a healthy, active life. I started 30 Something Mother Runner to connect with other moms (and dads!) who run, but it has morphed into something much larger. In addition to running, I enjoy writing about healthy eating, healthy parenting, kids’ activities and toys, technology—basically a little bit of everything! I love to work with companies that also promote a healthy and fit lifestyle. I am an ambassador for the ZOOMA women’s race series, For Two Fitness®, Stable 26, and Headsweats. I love sharing my passion for running and healthy living with the wonderful community I have found through this blog. When I’m not on the blog or on a run, you can find me on Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter, and via email at 30somethingmotherrunner[at]gmail[dot]com.