That’s right, I’m ALREADY talking NOVEMBER. Crazy, right? Believe it or not it will be here before you know it. I wanted to share some Fun Things To Do in November with your family. Life is still different for all of us right now, but it doesn’t mean you can’t have some FUN!
Fun Things To Do in November with your Family
Looking to do some fun things to do in November? I’ve got you covered! November is one of those “middle” months. It’s not quite fully winter, but it’s also not the summer anymore either. The weather is chilly and it gets dark very quickly. Though November might seem like it’s not the month to do things, it’s a GREAT time to find some fun things to do!
For me personally, November is a fun month because my husband’s birthday is November 20th and it’s also the month of Thanksgiving. I love Thanksgiving and all that is entails because it’s just a great time to come together and give thanks. I’ve always thought of fun things to do in November with Thanksgiving being an anchor for these kinds of activities.
All of these activities can be done in November. I tried to find some fun things to do in November that would work for anyone, anywhere. If you’re someone who lives in warmer weather or colder weather, I’m hoping that you will see there are things that really do work for anyone.
So what can you do in November with your family? Stop and think about what you have around you right now. Are you able to get to the woods for a hike? Are you able to get outside and walk around your neighborhood? Really take stock in what you have at your disposal for the month of November.
Many times when it comes to finding Fun things to do in November I need to make sure it’s during the day because it starts to get dark around 4:30pm/5:00PM. The weekends are usually when we hone in on family fun because during the week, we have about an hour or two after school before it starts getting too dark out to do anything.
It’s just important to make sure you’re giving yourself the time to be able to have some fun. You don’t want to rush through anything. I did include some fun things to do in November that are indoors with your family, too. Normally I would suggest heading to a trampoline park or something like that, but right now it’s just not the time.
Here are 50 FUN Things To Do in November with your Family:
- Carving Pumpkins (yes, you can still do this after Halloween!)
- Painting Pumpkins (this is such a fun twist to decorating pumpkins)
- Neighborhood Scavenger Hunts with your Kids
- Create a Thankful LIST with your Family
- Have a cookie making night with your Family
- Outdoor Movie Night
- S’mores Night with your Family
- Craft Night with your Family
- Family game night to do at home
- Pajama Weekend (stay in your jammies ALL weekend!)
- Family Bike Ride
- Family Hike through the woods
- Bake one of your favorite pies with your family
- Drive around to see the beautiful foliage
- Head to a Corn Maze
- Weekend trip to a fun Fall destination (New Hampshire is one near us!)
- Make your own Apple Cider
- Fall Cleaning Weekend with the whole family
- Visit local farms
- Decorate your nails with some Fall designs (leaves, football, pumpkins, etc)
- Host a family football party
- Buy a new bedspread for the Fall/Winter for your room
- Visit the beach in the Fall
- Sleepover in the living room with the kids
- Create a Fall breakfast weekend menu
- Frame some old Fall/Halloween/Thanksgiving photos for your home (let your kids pick the photos)
- Head to a Pumpkin Patch
- Apple Picking with your family
- Visit a local nursery with your family
- Go on a hayride with your family
- Go for a morning run with your kids
- Join a Library Reading Club
- Create some leaf piles to jump in with your family
- Head to your local tennis courts and play
- Fishing trip with your family
- Visit some caverns in your area
- Build a tree house with your family
- Make your own birdhouse
- Family soccer games in the evening
- Make a neighborhood obstacle course
- Chalk sketches in your driveway
- Make a living room fort with blankets
- Start a grateful journal – every morning share what you’re grateful for with your family
- Dance party in the kitchen with the windows open
- Fall boat ride
- Fall swimming lessons
- Cookout in the backyard
- Visit fall harvest festivals
- Watch Hallmark movies as a family (all of them are family friendly!)
- Bonfires on the beach
I hope these ideas inspire you to get out there and have some November FUN! It’s important to make sure we’re doing what we can to have fun things to do in November on our lists. I know many times November can be a dreary month with the weather changes and the increased dark skies, but don’t let that stop the fun. Just keep pushing past it!
I’m also sharing 101 things to do in the fall with your family, too. I feel like the more “actionable” items you have on your list, the better. It’s important to make sure you’re doing things with your kids. It’s just a fun time to get out there and create memories. Snap the photos and take those videos, you’ll love and appreciate looking back.
Let me know what I’m missing here, too! I know that there has to be tons more fun things to do in November and I’m definitely missing a bunch. Make sure you give me the heads up so I can add them to my running list. Or – better yet – even if it’s above, what’s YOUR favorite thing to do during November?