As a mom of 5 swimmers, I’ve asked this question from readers online at least 4-5 times a week, “How to Clean Swim Goggles?” With summer right around the corner, I know it’s a question that I will keep on getting, so I wanted to take a moment to write a blog post on how to clean swimming goggles.
How to Clean Swim Goggles
If you’ve ever wondered how to clean swim goggles this is the post for you! I was a competitive swimmer throughout my childhood, so this was always something I had to keep in mind, too. When my 5 kids started to swim it became something that I just knew had to be done.
I can’t believe how many swimmers don’t clean their goggles. It’s something that is important because goggles protect your eyes underwater. You want you goggles to be clean and have good hygiene with them. You probably clean your bathing suits and towels, right – so you need to clean goggles, too.
There are many suggestions on how to clean swim goggles out there. Honestly – there are a variety of ways how to clean goggles. I like to go with the simplest ways, but I also like to make sure I’m cleaning the goggles as best as can be. Eye health is so important and goggles can hold lots of yucky stuff if you’re not careful.
Whether you’re using swim goggles in a pool or at the beach, there are “things” in the water that you need to be conscious and aware about. You have chemicals in pool water that can effect your goggles. You have salt in the ocean water that can effect your goggles. It’s essential to make sure everything is off your goggles.
5 Easy Ways on How to Clean Swim Goggles
The Speedo Anti-Fog Solution will help you maintain a clear view in the water; simply add a few drops to the inside of your lenses to prevent fog and condensation buildup.
A much quicker, more advanced anti-fog treatment for your training/racing goggles. Simply spray and swim – no wiping, no rinsing and no drying needed. Re-apply periodically to reinvigorate your goggles clarity.
Spray once onto each lens from a distance of about 6-7” away. No need to rinse, wipe or waiting to dry – simply start using goggles right away.
- FOGGIES anti-fog towelettes were designed for cleaning lenses, whether for swim, snowboarding, skiing, cycling, running, or scuba masks. FOGGIES is the only anti-fog towelette wipe that not only defogs, but cleans the goggles at the same time.
- EASY TO USE: Using the FOGGIES wipes is simple and easy! Simply wipe a thin film of FOGGIES onto the inside and outside of the goggle’s surface, then let dry. Seconds later, the solution will disappear and you are left with crystal clear vision.
- BENEFITS: Not only do FOGGIES wipes de-fog lens, they clean the lens as well. FOGGIES leave you with crystal clear vision.
- CLEANING TOWELETTES: These lens cleaning wipes provide you an instant solution for cleaning lenses and other eyewear
- MOIST WIPES: An anti fog and anti static lens cleaning formula for easy cleaning
- EYEWEAR CLEANING: Lens cleaning wipes are good for polycarbonate, plastic and glass lenses
- INCLUDES: Towelette dispenser with 100 wipes
Baby Johnson’s Shampoo (Believe it or not – perfect for How to Clean Swim Goggles!)
This is my own hack right there. You can use baby shampoo to gently wash your goggles after each use. I love this because it’s easy and the soap is so mild and delicate. It’s a great way to get a good lather. You can also use to wash makeup brushes, too!
- For over 125 years Johnson’s formulas have been specifically designed for baby’s unique and delicate skin and hair. Our baby shampoo is hypoallergenic, pediatrician-tested and free of parabens, phthalates, sulfates and dyes
- Mild and gentle cleansing for fine baby hair & delicate scalp. Specially formulated to be as gentle to your baby’s eyes as water and features Johnson’s No More Tears formula
- Developed with and tested by parents, this tear-free baby shampoo is mild enough for your baby’s fine hair and delicate scalp while being great for kids and adults too
- Designed for baby’s delicate skin, this shampoo offers a gentle cleanse that leaves hair soft, shiny and smelling baby fresh. To use, wet your baby’s hair with warm water, apply shampoo, gently later, and rinse
As a mom of swimmers – these are 5 products I would recommend when it comes to how to clean swim goggles. I think these are just great products to keep goggles clean and perfect for each use. You want to make sure your goggles are clear and clean for use, too!
Let me know if you have any other product to recommend or any other hack, too. I love being able to share the best of the best when it comes to simple solutions for cleaning goggles.