If you know me in real life you would probably describe me as a happy person. Truthfully, I am. If you’re someone looking to be more happy, I wanted to share with you 5 ways to be happy. Being happy is a choice, you either decide to be happy or not. I’m excited to share with you some ways in which you can be happy.
5 Ways to Be Happy
Would you describe yourself as someone who is happy? Do people in your close circle see you as a happy person? Being happy is something that is important to be because happy people attract people into their lives. Stop and think about this for a second – who would you rather be around? Happy people or miserable people?
How can you be a happy person? What can you do to ensure that you’re happy inside and out? It’s not easy for everyone to be this way, so you need to make sure you’re doing what you can to make yourself happy. I always tell my kids that when you’re happy you exude happiness in your life.
Here are 5 things that you can do to be happy in your life. These are all my own opinion, none of these are based on anything other than things that work for me. Take what you will from these suggestions, they’re all for you to try and bring into your life.
5 Ways to Be Happy:
1. Surround yourself with happy people. I’ve always tried to be around people that just make me happy and just make me laugh. There’s something about being with people who truly are just happy about life. They always think the glass is 1/2 full. They always look for the best in situations. They’re just good to be around.
You can find these kinds of people in your family and friend circles. Make sure you are aware of the kinds of people you’re hanging out with. Many times we have to be around people who bring us down, but by amplifying your other time with people who make you happy, you will easily be able to balance it out.
2. Bring in activities into your life that make you happy. As adults we get so caught up with work and life and everything in between. It’s important to make sure we’re doing things that bring us happiness. When I was thinking about 5 ways to be happy, the first thing I thought about was how I love to workout.
I don’t have a ton of time to do it, but when I set aside the 30 minutes every morning to run or walk, it makes me happy. It gets me going with the day on the right foot. What activities bring you happiness? Is it yoga? Joining a club? A reading circle? We are able to brig these fun things our lives to enhance it.
We all have activities that we love to do. Find the time to make sure you’re able to do them. Even if you can only do something once a week, it’s something to look forward to. This is really an easy option to bring into your life.
3. Helping Out Others. There’s something to this, I promise. When you’re helping others, there’s just something amazing about feeling good when you’re done. This brings so much happiness to your core. Whether you’re volunteering with kids or helping out someone in need, happiness can come in many different shapes and sizes.
When I help out people in need, I always feel a sense of happiness when I’m done. There’s just something beautiful about doing something for someone else. I love seeing the happiness that it brings other, too. It’s just a win win for everyone.
4. Exercising at least 3 times a week. When you exercise you release endorphins and those are the best to release in your brain. Whenever I’m working out – whether it’s 20 minutes of walking or running or biking – it’s something. It’s getting your body moving and doing something GOOD FOR IT.
This simple act can make you feel happy from head to toe, which is a good thing and something that you’re body will become addicted to in a very good way! I love being able to workout and do something for myself, it just makes me feel good and super happy.
5. Create a Happiness Board or Journal. When you’re aware of what makes you happy in life, you just want to bring these items more and more into your life. I love Dunkin’ coffee, it makes me happy. I love palm trees, they make me happy. I love the beach, it makes me happy. I love to take photos of these items and pop them up for me to see.
It’s all about KNOWING what makes you happy. We all know that being happy doesn’t cost a thing because it’s a feeling. Maybe you love the beach, so you’re saving up for a vacation. That act of saving up could make you happy. It’s all about being fully aware of what happiness means to you and how you can make yourself FEEL HAPPY.
I hope these 5 ways to be happy help you out! We all have a right in life to be happy and fulfilled, its easy to be happy when you have happiness in your life. Be that happiness for others, too. Let them see the bright side of life because they have YOU in it with them.
Also know that being happy requires you to be a good listener, too. If you’re looking for ways to be a better listener, check out my 5 ways to listen better! I know listening isn’t always easy, but I will say this – it’s essential. The best listeners in life are some of the most successful people I know.
Love for you to share with me what YOU DO to be a better listener.