My house has never looked better since being home during this quarantine. What do I mean by this? Well… every single day I have the time to clean something or organize something. With 5 kids (believe me) the house isn’t as tidy as can be, but I’ll tell you what – we’re cleaning more than ever and I finally have a system down pat.
9 Things To Clean Every Single Day
I’ve come to realize that there are 15 things that you can clean every single day to make your life easier. I know 9 things seems daunting when you first hear that number, but I promise – it’s not. You’re also not doing it all at once, you’re doing it little by little. It’s not as crazy or as overwhelming as it sounds, I promise.
So what are the 15 things to clean every single day? (And these are in NO particular order!)
1. Toilets – Just a quick brush every single day is something everyone can do! Let’s face it, we go to the bathroom every single day, so it only makes sense to quickly clean.
2. Sinks – My rule of thumb is to leave cleaning wipes near the sinks in our house. I’m talking the bathrooms and the kitchen. A clean sink is always a good idea. Just a quick wipe.
3. Faucets – This goes with the sinks, too – but since it’s a different “thing” than a sink, I wanted to add it separately. The amount of germs on faucets is crazy, it’s important to make sure these are wiped down appropriately and enough.
4. Vacuuming – One trick that my mother in law taught me was to leave a vacuum in the living room. It’s one thing to think about it, but it’s another thing to see it. Every night before I head up someone vacuum the living room. It’s an easy chore, but it’s a great one in the morning to come down to.
5. Wipe Down the Counters – This is one thing that we’ve been doing forever. Before I head to bed I make sure that all my counters are wiped down. Even if there’s stuff all over them, I organize all of the stuff. I make sure the piles are nice and neat and then I wipe down everything.
6. Dishes in the Dishwasher – I’m all about making sure the dishwasher is loaded or the dishes are clean. It’s important to make sure all of your dishes are put away and done for the night. The worst thing to do is to wake up to a sink full of dirty dishes in the morning. It’s actually depressing!
7. Make Your Bed – I hate this one, but I still do it in the morning. When you make your bed or at least “tidy it up” it’s a great way to go on with your day. I don’t actually make it like they would in a hotel, but I do pull up the sheets and the comforter.
8. Wipe Down the Handles on Appliances – My mom has been doing this since I was a kid, but right now – more than ever – I need to make sure that all of my appliances are as clean as can be. We have a lot of “hand traffic” in the house with opening the fridge and the oven and microwave. I take a wipe and just wash off of the handles on the appliances. Takes me seconds!
9. Laundry – Make a goal to do one load a day. I don’t fold everything, I just wash and do all the folding on the weekend. With 7 people in my family I do lots of laundry, so this one is a easy chore to do… because it’s great!
I hope these 9 things help you out and make your life easier during this unprecedented time. I know it’s something that we never expected, but I know it’s something we all need to get used to. We’ve never been home this much in our lives and I don’t know if we ever will again, but it’s time to make sure we keep our homes clean and organized.
Let’s out it this way – if I can do it, you can do it. I’m totally pulling the 5 kids card right now!
Don’t forget – I’ll be sharing more and don’t forget to follow me on TikTok for more and more styles, too! I love to share Cute Hairstyles for Little Girls! Make sure you check it out! I’m all about creating whatever I can on the hair front, just as long as it’s doable and easy for people to try out!
Also… for my fashion lovers, I’m loving my Fashion Over 40 – Daily Dose of Style Facebook Group (that I would LOVE for you to join) and I share trends and styles every single day in there, along with the best sales online for fashion. I fully believe that you can and should be able to look your best without breaking the bank. You want to feel confident and beautiful and you CAN! I hope my info helps! We have a ton of fashion fun in there! And you don’t need to be 40 years old!!!!!!!
HEAD ON OVER AND JOIN US HERE!!! I also share beauty tips there, too. Love your support and let me know what it is you’re looking for, too!
Make sure you share with me if there’s something you love and I missed it on the blog! See my last post on my FREE Makeup Samples! I’m all about sharing everything I can when it comes to fashion and beauty! Hope these posts help you out!