We’re living in a whole new world right now. It’s crazy to think that so much has changed in such a short amount of time. I feel like February was months and months and months ago, which is crazy to admit.
I know that time is on our side right now in terms of being with our family right now. I was telling my husband the other night, I don’t know when we’ll ever get this kind of family time together again.
When you stop and think about it, this is unprecedented on many levels. My oldest son who is in high school right now, I’ll never get this kind of time with him in the years to come. There’s nobody begging to go out at night. There’s nobody asking to use the car. There’s nobody asking to invite friends over. It’s just my family and I love it. It’s nice being hunkered down together.
My nighttime routine has changed immensely since having the kids home right now. Usually when I head to bed I’m prepping 5 lunches before I head up (just so the morning is a little easier in the morning). Now? It’s a little different. There’s no lunches to prep, it’s just getting the house ready for work and school now… which is a (well) crazy!
To make my mornings as seamless as can be now, I’ve been doing these (10) things before bed every night. I’m sharing these because I do think they’re so helpful and they put my mind at ease at night and then (in turn) in the morning I’m not stressed trying to get these extra things done.
What am I talking about?
Here’s 10 Things To Do Before Bed Every Night:
- Make sure your sink is EMPTY. Here’s what I mean… put all the dishes in the dishwasher or wash/rinse/dry before you head up. My point? Never go to bed with a full sink of dishes. There’s something mentally draining about waking up to a sink full of dirty dishes that you have to conquer before your day begins.
- Always make sure you clear your counters and wipe them down before you head to bed. Even if you’re just stacking papers on top of each other, it’s important to make sure it’s organized. My advice? Organize, clear and wipe down. This will make you feel so good in the morning.
- Do the same for your dining room table, too. I know my My dining room table was always seems to be a hub for “I don’t know where this goes” type stuff. Take the time to organize. Once you start doing this you’ll see that day after day it gets easier.
- With 5 kids we have laundry. LOTS and LOTS of laundry. Always keep an empty laundry basket near the wash/dryer and transfer whatever is done or needs to be done into it. This way there aren’t any PILES lingering.
- For moms out there with little ones, buy 2 or 3 (or however many you need) toy bins and before bed, all toys go inside the bins.
- If you’re a coffee drinker, you’ll love this one. Always empty the coffee pot before heading up to bed. This way when you come down in the morning, it’s a fresh, clean pot!
- If you’ve got yourself a coffee pot that will do an automatic brew, set it up the night before so you have a fresh pot waiting for you in the morning! Talk about a good smell to walk into!
- TV Remote always goes back to the SAME spot before you head back upstairs. This way you’re not doing the “where is it” mad dash in the morning!
- Make sure all devices are charging before you head up to bed. I know my sons need to use their Chromebooks and my daughter is using the iPad right now. All of these need to be charged before bed. We’ve already had a morning of “dead” devices which doesn’t help when you need them for remote learning.
- Do a quick bedroom walk through. My kids love to leave things on the ground of their rooms. Before bed I tell them, “everything UP!” I like them to wake up to a “clean” and organized room, too! I feel that chaos breeds chaos, so why do that to yourself?
These 10 EASY strategies that have helped us immensely throughout the years. Don’t get overwhelmed by it, this is a family affair – have everyone help you out! I have my sons clearing the sink and cleaning their rooms. All hands on deck for clearing the counters and dining room table. This isn’t just on YOU!
It’s been incredible to see that these “little” things can make such a HUGE difference! My advice to you, try these and share with me what works for you, too!
If you’ve got teens at home saying they have “nothing” to do, I’ve come up with a list of 101 things for teens to do, too – but all of these things don’t require you to actually be at home!
I’m hoping this ends soon because you need to get creative with ways for them to do things right now. I just want to make sure you’re prepared with things for teens to do at home because it’s not always easy to come up with ideas! Use this as a gauge for yourself and your family.
Also… for my mama fashionistas! I’m loving my Fashion Over 40 – Daily Dose of Style Facebook Group (that I would LOVE for you to join) and I share trends and styles every single day in there, along with the best sales online for fashion.
I fully believe that you can and should be able to look your best without breaking the bank. You want to feel confident and beautiful and you CAN! I hope my info helps! We have a ton of fashion fun in there! And you don’t need to be 40 years old!!!!!!!
HEAD ON OVER AND JOIN US HERE!!! I also share beauty tips there, too. Love your support and let me know what it is you’re looking for, too!