Have you ever wondered about the best time to buy winter coats? Well – let me tell you, it’s NOW! January is the best time to buy winter coats and jackets because stores are looking to start filtering in spring items.
Best Time to Buy Winter Coats
Coats are investment pieces because it’s an item you will wear over and over. You don’t want to go skimpy on a coat, especially when it’s meant for warmth during the winter. I just hate paying full price for anything, so I’m sharing some of the best deals for YOU today on the blog that are out there!
January is hands down the best time to buy winter coats because you’re going to get the best prices. Period. Throughout the last few years this is the only time I’ve bought a new coat for myself. I always wait for Black Friday and Christmas to be over because I know those sales are going to be “jumping off points” for the better sales.
Do I risk losing a coat I might really, really want? Yes. It is worth it in the savings that I get? Yes, a million times over. The good news is that usually the coat or jacket I want is still always available. I also shop for my kids and husband on the coat and jacket front too right now. With my daughter being 6 years old, I love to buy her a size up for next year right now! For my sons I do the same exact thing, too!
Here’s my advice on how to buy a winter coat and then when you jump to actually buy it:
1. Start looking for the coats and jackets you like and want in October. This is when ALL stock will be out on the floors and online and you’ll have a great idea of selections and colors and trends. Try them on and start getting an idea as to what you want.
2. What I like to do is make sure I’m buying a coat that will work for my daily life (i.e. – work, family, play, etc). I actually own a dozen coats and each one is specific for something. I have a winter puffer coat. I have a dress coat. I have a moto jacket. Make sure you know exactly what it is that you want in a coat.
3. Once you find a coat you want, jot it down or take a photo of the price tag. Find it online and then start to watch it. You will start seeing sales hit right around the end of November and continue you through. My personal fashion advice for you? Wait till the coat is at least at 40-50% OFF. Now – there are certain brands that don’t discount that deep (i.e.e The North Face)… but know going in what you want and then do some research (or ask me) about discounts on certain brands.
There are some INSANE sales right now that I want to share with you, so when you’re thinking of the best time to buy winter coats this is your sweet spot, mid-January to early February. I’m going to show you 5 coats that are incredibly priced right now that you don’t want to miss out on.
LOFT Herringbone Moto Coat – $41 down from $198!!
A little bit tailored and a little bit cool, this moto coat gets smart with a herringbone pattern and cozy with a funnel neck. Funnel neck. Long sleeves. Asymmetric front zip. Front zip pockets. Lined. • Fitted throughout • Structured knit • Hits at thigh • 34″ long Available in: Pink
Eddie Bauer Lodge Down Parka – $99 down from $249!
A bestseller for more than a decade, our parka has a water-repellent polyester shell and is insulated with 650 fill Premium Down for exceptional warmth without weight or bulk. Unique rectangular quilting creates a more sleek silhouette. Available in sizes ranging from Petite XS through Plus 3X.
- StormRepel® DWR finish sheds moisture so it doesn’t soak into fabric
- 650 fill Premium Down for ultralight warmth
- Responsible Down Standard (RDS)-certified down insulation. Certified by Control Union. More About RDS
- Snap-off hood with detachable faux-fur ruff
- Front zipper with storm flap blocks wind and rain
- Fleece-lined collar and zip pockets
- Fleece storm cuffs help seal in warmth
- Average length: Reg. 36″: Petite 35″: Tall 37.5″
- Classic; A universal fit. Not too slim, not too relaxed on body. Designed to fit over midweight layers.
Kim Bouclé Coat – $90 down from $150
Marc New York Macoya Scuba Hooded Quilted Zip Jacket – $44.98 down from $225
Designed for maximum comfort and minimum bulk, this insulated jacket features a removable hood and zipper pockets to keep your warm on chilly days.
– Removable drawcord hood
– Funnel neck
– Long sleeves
– Front snap placket with zip closure
– Front zipper pockets
– Solid color
– Quilted construction
– Approx. 26″ length (size S)
AE Puffer Jacket – $35.98 down from $89.95
- Made from polyester | Lightly filled
- Hooded | Roll out hood
- Zip front
- Side pockets
- Draw string waist
These are just 5 of the hundreds that are out there! I would look Nordstrom, Macy’s, American Eagle, GAP, Old Navy, Lands’ End and Nordstrom Rack! Don’t forget to mark this time on your calendar as the best time to buy winter coats for yourself and family!
*Affiliate links above
Please don’t forget to join my Daily Dose of Style FACEBOOK GROUP! This has turned into my favorite spot online and I love sharing there every single day! It’s been an outlet for me to be open and honest about my fashion loves! It’s a great place to learn new things, so I hope you come on over! I’m also going to be starting a kid fashion one soon, too!
Loving this Fashion Over 40 – Daily Does of Style Facebook Group (that I would LOVE for you to join) and I share trends and styles every single day in there, along with the best sales online for fashion. I fully believe that you can and should be able to look your best without breaking the bank. You want to feel confident and beautiful and you CAN! I hope my info helps! We have a ton of fashion fun in there! And you don’t need to be 40 years old!!!!!!!
HEAD ON OVER AND JOIN US HERE!!!
Make sure you share with me if there’s somehting you love and I missed it on the blog!