Traveling around Disney has always been easy to do because they make it so accommodating for all of the guests. You can literally get around by monorail, bus, boat, (soon) skyliner and (my personal favorite) the Minnie Van Service. I’m all about easy travel with my family when we’re here and sometimes with the kids – all 5 of them – I just want to make it easy and be together. Trying to make sure we all fit on a bus and/or monorail is sometimes really stressful for me. The Minnie Van Service at Disney is the perfect transportation option for us because it’s easy and practical and over-the-top Disney!
Minnie Van Service
(Photo By: David Roark, photographer)
I mean – how cute are these Minnie Vans? They are the cutest ever! I mean my daughter wants to just ride around in one for a ride!
Let us magically whisk you away to select locations within Walt Disney World Resort—and transport you to and from the Orlando International Airport—with 2 convenient services.
There’s different ways for you to access the Minnie Van Service for your family – or if you’re solo!
Minnie Van Service – Within Walt Disney World Resort
Get around in a jiffy with this new, whimsical personal ride service―just use your smartphone to request a ride. Need to get to a restaurant reservation at another Disney Resort hotel? How about a relaxing way to get back to your room after a busy day at one of the Walt Disney World theme parks or the Disney Springs area? Minnie Van service is a great way to get around Walt Disney World Resort quickly and in comfort—all while in a Disney-owned, Disney-operated vehicle.
How It Works
Our Minnie Van service works with the Lyft app. Simply open the Lyft app from anywhere within Walt Disney World Resort to access Minnie Van service, request a ride and pay for it through the app—or call (407) 828-3500 to request an accessible vehicle. Cars are usually minutes away.
To request a ride through the Lyft app:
- Open the app and select your Walt Disney World destination
- Confirm your pick-up location and tap “Select Minnie Van”; if Minnie Van service is not the default vehicle type displayed, you will need to swipe through your vehicle options until Minnie Van service is displayed
- The app will display a map tracking the vehicle en route—along with an identifying vehicle number to help you spot your car
Need an Accessible Vehicle?
Please call a Minnie Van Service Specialist at (407) 828-3500 to request an accessible vehicle. Requests can be made 45 to 60 minutes prior to needing the vehicle. Minnie Van vehicles can accommodate Guests with standard wheelchairs, motorized vehicles and electric conveyance vehicles (ECVs); however, an additional wait time may occur.
What to Expect – The Experience
Minnie Van drivers are friendly Disney Cast Members who are trained to whisk you off to where you need to be—with a smile.
- Prices vary based on distance traveled from pick-up location to requested destination within Walt Disney World Resort.
- You’ll see the total cost and pay for the service conveniently through the Lyft app.
Hours of Operation
Minnie Van service operates from 6:30 AM to 12:30 AM daily. Hours of operation are subject to change.
And if you need the service just for the airport – which is what I did on Friday – it’s perfect, too!! It picks you up right at your hotel and brings you right to your airline. There’s no waiting for other guests to board, it’s just you. Not to mention the vans have cellphone chargers and water for you to enjoy on your way to the airport, too! It was the easiest way to travel to the airport after out trip.
Minnie Van Service – Airport Shuttle
Secure your ride from the Orlando International Airport to your Disney Resort hotel (and vice versa) up to 6 months in advance.
How to Book
To arrange a one-way or round-trip shuttle ride, call (407) WDW-PLAY or (407) 939-7529. Please have your flight information handy. If you’re traveling domestically, request a pickup at least 2 hours prior to your flight departure and at least 3 hours prior to flight departure if flying internationally. Note: rides cannot be booked through the app at this time.
What to Expect – The Vehicle
Minnie Van shuttles are roomy, comfortable and playfully themed with a style inspired by Minnie Mouse. Each vehicle accommodates up to 6 Guests, 6 medium-sized suitcases and can be equipped with up to 3 complimentary car seats.
What to Expect – The Experience
Minnie Van shuttle drivers are friendly Disney Cast Members who are trained to whisk you off to where you need to be—with a smile.
While shuttle vans can accommodate up to 6 medium-sized suitcases, you can also check your bags in advance at Resort Airport Services/Check-In before you depart. We are unable to take your bags separately on Disney’s Magical Express.
The cost of the Minnie Van airport shuttle is $150 each way; gratuity not included.
Hours of Operation
- The Minnie Van airport shuttle operates from between 7:00 AM and 11:59 PM. Hours of operation are subject to change.
- Guests needing to utilize an accessible vehicle to accommodate a wheelchair or ECV can make arrangements by calling (407) 828-3500.
Know Before You Ride
- The Minnie Van airport shuttle can pick up or drop off from the airport to any Walt Disney World Resort hotel. Service is not available for the Walt Disney World Swan Hotel, Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel, Four Seasons Orlando, Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels, Walt Disney World Gateway Hotels and Walt Disney World Good Neighbor Hotels.
- Rides may be booked until 11:59 AM the night prior to arrival.
- Pick-up location at the Orlando International Airport is located by the baggage claim escalators.
- All cancellations made within 24 hours of pick-up time will forfeit a refund.
If you’re heading to Disney – make sure you check out this amazing service. It really is a wonderful one to check out and really take advantage of while you’re visiting. And I can’t say it enough – the Minnie wrapping on the vans is an absolute photo out, too!
Checkout my other Disney Related Posts for your Disney Travel:
Book the Minnie Van Service here.