I’m all about trying to get my sons to eat vegetables. It’s not easy to convince them, even at their teen ages! You would think the older they got, the easier it would be to convince them. Not to much! I’ve had to get creative in my (ahem) old mom age and think of other ways to sneak in some veggies. Buffalo Cauliflower has been a life saver for me on the dinner plates. My friend Sheri McShane shared with me her Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe that she uses on (whoops… I mean for) her family! She also has sons that need to get their veggies! It’s an easy recipe and delicious as can be!
Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe
The reason I love this Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe so much is because it’s a delicious, but also simple way to bring this veggie into the lives of your family. To be honest… I’ve actually never been a fan of Cauliflower, so this recipe actually works on me, too! I’ve never been a huge fan, but thanks to this simple and easy recipe – I’ve been able to eat it without trying to pretend I do in front of my kids! Thankful for Sheri sharing this recipe (even for the adults, too!).
Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe – Ingredients
1 cup flour
3/4 cup milk
1 tsp garlic powder
½ cup buffalo wing sauce
Salt & Pepper
Blue cheese and celery
Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe – Steps
So here’s the best part – it really is a super simple recipe. I love saying this because when I can talk about how easy it is, I know for anyone that’s 1/2 way decent in the kitchen – this would easy for you, too! I adore easy recipes because I’m all about making sure that I can do them. I’m a busy mom and I don’t have time for recipes that take a long time of have 15 steps! I need easy, peasy, doable and practical. The fact that it’s also on the healthy side is a wonderful added bonus for me!
- Preheat to 425°
- Spray baking sheet with cooking spray. Make sure it has a good film on it.
- Assemble the Batter by using flour, milk, and garlic powder. Mix everything together in a bowl. If you want, you can also season with some salt and pepper.
- Cut up cauliflower into florets. This is the best way to do it because it will make it easy to eat. I like to think that these are bite size pieces.
- Batter cauliflower and bake for 10 minutes. Make sure you don’t let it go over 10 minutes. You don’t want it to burn. My suggestion is to keep a good eye on it because (look at the next step).
- Flip cauliflower and bake for another 10 minutes. Again – don’t let it over bake! You don’t want the pieces to be burnt.
- Toss with some buffalo wing sauce and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with blue cheese and celery sticks.
Viola! And then you’re done! The steps (as you can read) are really easy to do! I wanted to show you the steps, too in photos! Sometimes it easier to see a recipe in a series of photos than it is just through words! I like to make sure the steps I’m doing make sense and that my food looks like it’s supposed to (don’t laugh, it’s important to make sure you’re doing it right!).
Again… start with the ingredients.
Mix the cauliflower with the batter and make sure there’s a good coating.
Make sure you bake them in the oven. Again – keep an eye on them. You don’t want them to burn.
Coat them with a good layer of the buffalo sauce, they’re going to be so yummy!
And serve!! I’m telling you – your family is going to love this recipe! It really is a triple thumbs up!
Thank you to Sheri for sharing this amazing Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe with me!
Check out these other recipes that Sheri has shared with me on the blog, too!
Love Sheri for being so amazing and sharing! Make sure you check out Sheri’s blog at When The Kids Go To Bed.