5 Reasons Why to Download Playing Forward’s Lizzy’s World
I’m all about finding wonderful and entertaining apps for my kids. But when I can find apps that are going to teach them and educate them, too – it’s a win-win. I’ve got a new app that I LOVE right now that my Victoria (she’s 5) is obsessed with playing. It’s Playing Forward’s Lizzy’s World, a new Augmented Reality app that promotes social-emotional learning through play. The app was created by an Academy Award winner in special effects—making for a super special storytelling experience!
So what is Playing Forward’s Lizzy’s World all about?
The Lizzy’s World app follows Lizzy, a boisterous and relatable redhead, as she experiences school and everything that comes with it for the very first time. Lizzy, and kids following along, learn to open to new experiences, perspectives, and finding new ways to express their feelings. I have to say – Lizzy is the cutest little girl ever! My Victoria now wants red hair! She’s just enamored with Lizzy and her cute little antics.
Lizzy’s World can be experienced in two ways: as a “bedtime story” that can be read along with in 3D and as a much more active ”exploration” in augmented reality, encouraging the reader to move around and experience the story from multiple viewpoints. This saves you (and your voice) from having to read the same book at bedtime repeatedly, and creates more playtime with the kids as you explore the story together!
But why do I love it so much for Victoria?
As many of you know, Victoria started kindergarten this year. It’s still a stop-and-go experience. She’s either really really excited or not that happy to go, it all depends on the day. There’s still a bunch of mysterious and unknowns for her. Even though she’s met so many great new friends, she still misses the girls that she met last year (she’s not in their class this year). I’ve been trying really hard to do anything and everything that I can to keep her excited and happy for a new day! Lizzy’s World is awesome because it excites Victoria to see someone getting ready for school… through the entire process.
This is exactly what I need Victoria to see and play within this world, too. I need her to see a little “girl” experience something that she’s going through, especially when it’s something she’s been struggling with, too.
5 Reasons Why You Need to Download Lizzy’s World:
1. The storytelling aspect of Lizzy’s World is phenomenal. I love that Victoria is part of a story when she plays. It’s just amazing to see this world come to life for her!
2. If you have a child that is new to school, it’s a wonderful way to get them extra excited about a new experience. I love this aspect of it, too.
3. It’s Augmented Reality! I mean – how cool is that!? It’s awesome! I love it so much for Victoria and when I’ve played with her and watched her interact with the app, it’s really fun to see her love it, too.
4. It’s a fantastic way for your child to learn to be open to new experiences, perspectives, and finding new ways to express their feelings. I’m seeing this play out really well for Victoria.
5. These is a fee of $3.99 – but I’m telling you – it’s worth it. Victoria only wants to play “Lizzy’s World” right now and I love that she’s learning and engaging and having fun with it. It’s $3.99 well spent!
—> Head here for the APP.
- This post is part of a sponsored campaign for Playing Forward. I received compensation for my
participation, but my review and opinions are my ow