It’s finally the summer! The days are lighter longer,the beaches and pools are open,and bedtime is a little later than usual. I’ve been waiting a long 9 months for this time of year and I’m going to embrace every single day with arms wide open!
This summer is going to be a little different and daring for me. BROOKSIDE Chocolate has inspired and motivated me to kick my summer up a notch and really going out of my comfort zone. I just turned 40 this past May and I’m finally at a place in my life where I feel comfortable and confident with who I am to the core. I want my “Summer of 2018” to reflect this and embrace wholeheartedly how I feel … bold, beautiful and daring!
BROOKSIDE Chocolate has a campaign going on this summer called “That’s Ballsy” and it’s absolutely amazing! It has really made me look at my life and make some ballsy and daring moves. BROOKSIDE is known as the daring ball of dark chocolate with exotic fruit-flavors created for daring women. I love BROOKSIDE Chocolate and have been a fan for years because they mix, fuse and experiment with flavors such as acai, pomegranate and goji until they uncover the most interesting and delicious dark chocolate combinations. The result? Tart is zingy, dark is sweet and chocolate is ballsy! It’s the perfect trifecta!
So what am I doing this summer that ballsy? I’ve decided to go ahead and make a “Ballsy Summer Bucket List!” I’m determined to cross everything off this list this summer! I’m going to do it with gusto! I’m going to do it with boldness! I’m going to do it being brave! And I’m going to do it feeling daring!
1. Wear a Bikini, not a One-piece! Ever since becoming a mom, I switched to one -piece bathing suit from a bikini. When the kids were little they were much more functional and practical. Never mind the fact that my body wasn’t exactly bikini ready! I’ve worked really hard over the last couple of years trying to take care of my body, so I’m ready to show it off more! This will be a big daring move for me, but I’m ready!
2. Summer Fridays OFF! If you know me, you know I never take a day off! This summer I want to be able to give myself time with my family. It’s not always easy, but it’s something that I’m committed to do for myself and my family. This is probably the most daring thing I’m going to do for myself this summer! No joke!
3. Sunrise Morning Run – During the summer it’s tougher and tougher to get up in the morning. The kids don’t have to be up at the crack of dawn for the bus, so it’s nice to have everyone sleep late. I’m committed to still getting up with the sun and going for a morning run! There’s no better time to get out there and workout! I just need to be daring enough to set my alarm and not get worried I won’t be able to keep up with my workouts!
4. Try Hot Yoga – Every single time I’ve tried to do a yoga class, I’ve always felt like a total failure. I’m not flexible at all. I’m not good at staying in a zen state. I just always feel like I’m the worst one in the class. I’ve been trying my hardest to find a way to bring yoga into my life and HOT YOGA seems to be it! I’m going to do it! I’m going to be daring and get it done!
5. Try Surfing – I live Rhode Island, so during the summer… you’re at the beach! The beach is where it’s at and we have the most gorgeous beaches to go along with that sentiment. I’ve lived here for most of my life and (believe it or not) never tried to surf! This summer I’m adding it to my list! I’ve never done it because I’ve been to scared to try it, but this summer I’m going for it!
Thank you to BROOKSIDE Chocolate for the inspiration to be daring and be bold this summer! I needed the little push and you provided it for me in such a fun and exciting way! I adore how BROOKSIDE Chocolate is championing and celebrating women everywhere to be daringly different and ballsy! I hope this inspires YOU to go create a “Ballsy Summer Bucket List!” Think of a few things that you’ve always wanted to do and do those things this summer! Have fun with it and really come up with some bucket list items that show off your daring and ballsy side!
Here’s to BROOKSIDE Chocolate for giving women the courage to be brave!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post with BROOKSIDE Chocolate. All opinions are 100% my own.