8 Ways to Have the Most Productive Morning Ever
Want to have a productive day? I *think* everyone wants this, right? You want to wake up ready to take on ALL the tasks at hand and really get excited about going forth and killing it! I’m thrilled to share with you today 8 Ways to Have the Most Productive Morning Ever.
I’m a firm believer that it all starts in the morning.
If you wake up cranky. You’re going to be cranky.
If you wake up tired. You’re going to be tired.
If you wake up feeling negative. You’re going to be negative.
So how can you push past all of these things if you’re feeling it or them on a random Tuesday morning?
You need to be armed with ways to give yourself the most productive morning (and in turn, day) and literally train (or trick) yourself to believing it! I promise, it works!
- WAKE UP AT THE SAME TIME EVERY SINGLE MORNING – Yes… of course on the weekends try and get a little extra sleep, but during the week keep yourself on a set schedule! Don’t deviate from it. Stay on course. If you get up at 6AM, keeping getting up at 6AM. It will keep your body tuned into one specific time and make getting up that much easier!
- SHOWER – That water ZAP can really wake you up! I love to take quick morning showers because it just is an extra boost in the morning! I usually will workout first, but showers are an amazing way to say HELLO to the day! And you smell good, extra bonus! 🙂
- WORKOUT – I’ve said this a million trillion times on my blog, but it’s important to do. Even if you’re just walking 20 minutes (yes, that’s me!)… it’s still something! Get your blood pumping in the morning! Get it moving! I don’t love working out, but I know it’s good for me and my body/mind/soul… and I always feel awesome afterwards!
- EAT BREAKFAST – This is a BIG way to stay productive because you’re fueling yourself. Think of a car without gas, it doesn’t go anywhere. Same for you! If you don’t have fuel in you, you’re not getting anywhere quick! If you’re someone who needs something quick, they find quick foods you can grab and go! Breakfast bars… fruit… muffins… but just eat something!
- BE GRATEFUL – This is a biggie. I’ve done tons of research about how the most successful people in the world work… and one thing that most of them do is wake up grateful for something in their life. Whether they do a morning meditation, write in a grateful journal or have a sacred space where they do a morning ritual – they are giving thanks and grateful for the day. Even taking that 2 minutes to say “Thank you for the new day!” This can help… and it makes you feel good. Go on, try it!
- ARRIVE ON TIME – I’m a stickler for time. I HATE being late for anything! Make sure you give yourself enough time in the morning to get where you need to go. Being late can have a snowball effect on the rest of your day and who needs that when you’re looking to be productive? 🙂
- DO NOT WATCH THE NEWS ON TV – I will say, I do. It’s something I love doing in the morning so I can get a quick rundown on what’s going on in the world. BUT! There is a ton of depressing and difficult news to take in lately, so I’ve been tuning out after the first 10 minutes and just going about my day. Instead of bringing on anything heavy into your life listen to inspiring music or fun and interesting podcasts. Give yourself what you need and what you want. Find what makes you feel GOOD in the morning!
- FEEL GOOD LEAVING THE HOUSE – I work from home, which means I can literally be in my pajamas all day long if I want to be. Not too bad, huh? Well… yes, after awhile it can lose its luster. I love to get up and get myself dressed and even put on some makeup. When I feel good, I FEEL good and I’m more productive. I sit down ready to work, I’m not walking around in slippers and my robe. That actually depresses me now during the day when I’m in my jammies around 10AM! I like to get up and get ready to GO!!!!!
Keep these tips in mind and rock and roll your day to productivity!