Disclosure: This is a sponsored post with BROOKSIDE Chocolate. All opinions are 100% my own.
Are you ballsy?
Are you daring?
Are you fearless?
All the women in my life who have inspired and motivated and supported me have embodied these attributes. They are the women who just dare to dream and go after what they want!
They are – in true essence of the word – BALLSY.
I’m beyond obsessed with BROOKSIDE Chocolate’s newest campaign called, “That’s Ballsy.” As you know, BROOKSIDE is the daring ball of dark chocolate with exotic fruit flavors created for daring women. I love BROOKSIDE Chocolate because they mix, fuse and experiment with flavors such as acai, pomegranate and goji until they uncover the most interesting and delicious dark chocolate combinations. The result? Tart is zingy, dark is sweet and chocolate is ballsy! You truly have an unique taste experience from start to finish. And the best part right now? They are inspiring and championing and celebrating women everywhere who are daringly different and ballsy.
I have to be honest with you, the second I first learned about the #ThatsBallsy campaign from BROOKSIDE Chocolate, I immediately thought about my own mom. My mom is a dream-getter … limit-pusher … goal-finder … never-say-never … amazing MOM! She’s everything and anything you wish for in a mom because she’s always had that incredible the-glass-is-always-half-full attitude and she’s always up for adventures. She’s shown me how to live an extraordinary life and make magic happen on my own. She’s shown me that anything is possible (regardless of age) and I’ve just always basked in the awesomeness of being brought up by a woman who is always ready for LIFE.
She has had many “ThatsBallsy” accomplishments in her life that have impacted me, but it wasn’t until I became a Mom myself that I really saw how special and unique and cool it was to have a mom who just was insanely ballsy! It really should me up close and personal how much of her has truly rubbed off on me and just how proud I am of the woman she is today. She hasn’t let anything stop her and that’s ballsy right there!
What has she done to inspire me and be daringly different? I’m going to share with you 5 distinct #ThatsBallsy accomplishments.
1. My mom started running for the very 1st time in her mid-50’s. She couldn’t even run 1/2 mile when she started, but she kept going and she kept trying. She wanted to be heart healthy for herself and our family. She (to date) has now run 2 marathons, 5 half-marathons and finished 2 Half-Ironmans.
2. My mom is terrified to even fly in airplanes, but when she turned 60 years old, she wanted to push the limits and conquer a fear that has paralyzed her throughout her life, so she went SKYDIVING. We couldn’t believe it!
3. My mom taught high school for 30 years. Upon retiring 13 years ago, she could’ve just retired and relaxed … but she was ballsy enough to start a new business with her 2 daughters, which has evolved over time into MomGenerations.com!
4. My mom was one of 3 kids, sandwiched between 2 brothers. Her parents only had enough money to pay for her oldest brother to go to college, but that didn’t stop my mom. She applied to Rhode Island College her senior year of high school and worked full time throughout her college years to pay for school. It was tough on my mom working full time and going to school full time, but she didn’t let it stop her. She dared to be different and get an education. Her dream was to be a teacher and she made it come true.
5. My mom rallied to help create a program for kids who had dropped out of high school. It was a big risk to bring a dropout prevention program to her school, but she felt so passionate about it and knew it would help change lives. It was amazing to see it come to fruition.
As you can see, my mom is ballsy … and it’s this ballsiness that has inspired and motivated me to be the best version of myself that I can be. Nothing is impossible. She’s shown me to be fearless. To conquer goals and dreams. And the best part, I have her at the end of the day to laugh with and love and be myself with, always.
I have her to thank for MY ballsiness. It’s something I help to pass onto my own daughter, too.
I’m thrilled to share that I have an AWESOME GIVEAWAY going on right now over on Instagram to honor #ThatsBallsy women everywhere!
That’s right, in advance of Mother’s Day (May 13th) head over to my Instagram page and share with me a #ThatsBallsy accomplishment that YOUR mom made that impacted YOUR life.
What do I have to giveaway??
10 bags (7.0 oz.) of either BROOKSIDE Dark Chocolate Pomegranate flavor or Dark Chocolate Acai & Blueberry flavors, or Dark Chocolate Goji and Raspberry flavors to GIVEAWAY. *10 winners will receive a bag of this delicious chocolate.
All you have to do is comment on my Instagram post about a ballsy move you’ve made + follow @brooksidechocolate on Instagram + use both #BrooksideChocolate and #Giveaway for a chance to win.
NO PURCH. NEC., open to 50 US/DC, 18+, Official Rules: https://goo.gl/1zMZpJ.
Don’t forget! You must enter OVER on my Instagram page!!!