Simon Malls has open the 1st S.T.E.A.M. Children’s Play Area in South Shore Plaza and Victoria and I had a chance to check it out and enjoy all the educational fun! It’s VERY cool!!
The new children’s S.T.E.A.M. Play Area is sponsored by Floating Hospital for Children at Tufts Medical Center and is designed to inspire imagination in a fun, welcoming and engaging environment while incorporating the principles of S.T.E.A.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math).
Simon Malls Open 1st S.T.E.A.M. Children’s Play Area in South Shore Plaza and it’s awesome!!! The core elements of PLAY include:
- All interactives incorporate the principles of S.T.E.A.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math).
- SCIENCE: D.N.A. Ladder (the way we look, think, act and play are all controlled by our D.N.A.).
- TECHNOLOGY: Techno Tunes dance floor (utilizing technology to create music).
- ENGINEERING: Wonder Wall (gears and levers allow children to work together to move a ball through the maze).
- ART: My Art Gallery (touch screen to control colors, patterns, shades and formations).
- MATH: Tile Table (against a backlit tabletop, children can arrange a wide variety of geometric magnetic shapes in order to build their own creations)
- S.T.E.A.M. Jr. area includes small climbing areas and other interactive elements including sensory engagements for little steamers.
- The 2,000-square ft. PLAY area features soft seating and additional padded flooring to allow for parents and guardians to stay close to their young children.
I’m telling you, I couldn’t get her to leave! She was having so much fun going from activity to activity and the best part? She didn’t even know she was learning while she was playing! It was such a cool experience to see first-hand! I think Victoria will want to make the drive just to play! She loved it that much, forget shopping with mama!! She just wants to engage with all the activities.
Don’t forget to spread the word – Simon Malls Open 1st S.T.E.A.M. Children’s Play Area in South Shore Plaza!!
Disclosure: This was part of a partnership with Simon Malls.