The weekend is here! I’m telling you – I live for the weekends. It’s the best time to just relax and just be with my family. With a weekend full of “nothing” to do… which usually means for us – no swim meets or sports related stuff – we’re always looking for fun things to do. If you’re like me and constantly trying to find Things To Do This Weekend – I’ve got a simple and fun post for you! I just wanted to isolate 5 things to do, I didn’t want to go crazy and overwhelm anyone!
Things To Do This Weekend
Let’s start from the beginning – whether it’s Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or FRIDAY – the weekend is almost here! Let’s think positive and that the glass is 1/2 full. Ring the bell! Pop the confetti! Stand up and CLAP! I’m telling you, I absolutely live for the weekends! It is my favorite time of the week (hands down!).
Things To Do This Weekend
I’ve been dying for the weekend like a child all week! Excited to kick back with my family and just CHILL! We have a swim meet on Saturday, but then my beloved Pats play on SUNDAY!! I’m ready for the weekend to have some fun and relax!! We ALL deserve a break on the weekend! It’s all about GOOD VIBES and staying present with your family and friends!
So what about this weekend? Why am I sharing 5 things to do?
Well… because it’s fun to share some tips that you can be doing on the weekend, especially if you’ve been working all week and just looking for some time to just BE! I wanted to find things that ANYONE could do! If you have little kids of big kids. If you’re solo for the weekend. If you have friends coming in! Whatever your weekend looks like, I wanted to share some things that you can and could easily do on a whim!
1) MOVIE NIGHT – Whether it’s tonight or tomorrow night, you can NEVER go wrong with a movie night! We always have one on Friday night, it’s the best! We chill out, kick back and hang out together! We’ve been doing this as long as I can remember! We find a movie that we can ALL watch (including Victoria now!) and we make popcorn and just bundle up together on the couch and tune on in! I love it because as my kids are getting older, I still love that they don’t mind being with us on a Friday night! And if you’re feeling really adventurous, head to the movies! I know it can be expensive, so we’ve stopped going b/c it’s a $200 night for us – but you can always do this once in awhile for some fun!
2) BOWLING – That’s right, get out to the lanes! We’re going Saturday night this weekend and I can’t wait! It’s such a fun activity to do! I remember going bowling as a kid and just laughing the entire time because I was HORRIBLE! Grab your family and some friends and go! Look for bowling alleys that have rock-a-bowl! Music playing! Lights going wild! It’s a great and fun time for a family!
3) FULL ON BREAKFAST – This is probably my favorite weekend activity to do with everyone! I love this option for the weekend! I’m a lover of all things eggs and bacon! My husband will always make a HUGE breakfast one morning while we’re home on the weekend! The kids love it! We sit around in our jammies as late as we can and just enjoy a gigantic, yummy breakfast together! We’re talking just a fabulous big breakfast! It’s something that I wish we could do every single weekend! It’s a family fave for sure!
4) SLEEP LATE – OK, for moms and dads out there with little ones, this might be tough! Sleeping late every now and then is important and just amazing! When the kids were babies, I remember my husband and I would take turns with sleeping late. One would sleep late on Saturday morning and one would sleep late on Sunday morning. It became essential and one of the reasons I looked forward to the weekends! If you CAN, sleep LATE! It’s amazing!
5) WORKOUT – Do something active by yourself or with your family! The bowling doesn’t 100% count! I love to go walking or running or going to a family swim! It’s so much fun and the kids love love love it! Do something together that gets the blood pumping! Think outside of the box – roller skating, skiing (depends on the time of year), hiking, ice skating, sledding (again, time of year!), water skiing, etc!
Find things that you will all have fun doing together! The weekend is supposed to be 2 days of recharging for the week ahead! Give yourself this time to chill and just be. I know weekends can get crazy busy, but sometimes you just need to build in a weekend of NOTHING. Enjoy the fact that you have nothing on the agenda and do something super, duper fun for everyone!
ENJOY THE WEEKEND EVERYONE!