If you know a dad, you need to get him Chris Pegula’s NEW book – DIAPER DUDE: The Ultimate Dad’s Guide to Surviving the First Two Years. I wish, wish, wish this had been out when my husband was surviving the first two years, but we can enjoy it now – which is fabulous! It’s one of those books that’s informative, helpful, insightful and super funny. My brother-in-law is surviving the first two years right now, so I’m definitely ordering him a copy today for his house!
So what is DIAPER DUDE: The Ultimate Dad’s Guide to Surviving the First Two Years all about and why do you absolutely need it!!??
Picking up where his first book From Dude to Dad left off, this new guide is filled with humorous takes on fatherhood from the front lines to help new dads master the art of fatherhood. Chris is a great parenting expert for relatable, simple tips on things like:
· How to wrap your baby like a burrito – the art of swaddling,
· Prepping for the big day – the top 10 things dad should consider before the baby arrives,
· Homeland security – 10 childproofing tips to get you started,
· Post-partum depression and the dad – what to do if your partner is showing signs of PPD
· How to handle cabin fever – the foreseeable end of happy hours with friends and what to do to stay sane
Filled with useful information, hilarious stories of dad madness, a little psychology and science, Diaper Dude tackles tough issues and shares simple Parent Hacks to help parents McGyver themselves out of tough situations.
10 Reasons Why I (personally) Love this Book:
- It’s a wonderful guide to help dads be the best dads that they can be. At the end of the day, that’s what every partner wants in a father for their child.
- I love how Chris is so real and so honest throughout this book, it’s like you’re listening to a friend. I just adore his approach and tone and realness.
- I personally love the “Month-to-Month Guide” at the beginning of the book. It’s a great easy and quick breakdown of what a dad should be expecting. Chris makes it very hands-on and practical.
- The Parent Hacks throughout the book are awesome! Any and all inside tips from an expert are always welcome! These are great for moms, too!
- Chris tackles some harder topics throughout the book which (as a mom) I appreciate. Postpartum Depression is one of them. I really think it’s so important that Chris touched on these kinds of topics because it’s something for dads to be aware of and look out for with their partners.
- I love how Chris talks about his family – it makes his book so much more relatable.
- Chris talks about gear and must-haves, he’s a true expert so highlight/bold/circle/underline what he suggests and take his advice!
- I personally loved the “Kids ‘n’ Sports” part of the book. As a mom who loves seeing her kids in sports, Chris really hit on since great points in this section.
- Chapter 7 – Growing Up – where we are right now. Let’s just say, I need to read this – as well as have my husband read it, too. GREAT tips here.
- On a personal note, I’ve known Chris personally for the last couple of years through doing work with Pampers. He is kind and nice and funny and just in LOVE with his family. He’s a fabulous Dad and if there’s anyone to be taking advice from, it’s him!
Go out TODAY and grab your copy of DIAPER DUDE: The Ultimate Dad’s Guide to Surviving the First Two Years!