I’m very blessed in the sense that all 5 of my children love to read or (be read to). I’ll never forget being pregnant with my 1st baby back in 2004, I would actually read out loud to my belly. I love reading so much and I REALLY wanted to make sure my children were the same way. I always figured, the earlier I started… the better. I must have been on to something because my 4 sons – ages: 8, 10, 11 and 12 – all LOVE to read. My oldest (the one I read to in utero!) is OBSESSED with reading. He always has a new book on him and he (literally) inhales books in a sitting. There’s nothing better than walking into the living room and not seeing video games being played, but books being read.
My 5th little on, my daughter who is 3 years old… LOVES to be read to. Every single night before bed we read together. It’s our ritual and it’s something that she absolutely loves. Now that she’s getting older, I’ve turned to LeapFrog® (like I did for my sons) to help her when it comes to learning letters, numbers, problem solving and reading! Since March was National Reading Month, we celebrated with LeapFrog®, the leader in innovative learning toys that has been teaching children to read for over 20 years, and their award winning LeapStart™ interactive learning system! LeapFrog was literally my go-to for my sons when they were toddlers, so it was natural for me to turn to them for my daughter. Here’s the important thing to remember though, even though March is National Reading Month… this should be celebrated ALL year. It’s such an important gift to give to your children.
Victoria has been obsessed with LeapFrog’s LeapStart Interactive Learning System for Preschool & Pre-Kindergarten. This innovative learning system features two platforms, one for Preschool & Pre-Kindergarten and one for Kindergarten & 1st Grade, and works with a library of 16 different activity books (each sold separately), making it the perfect tool for any child learning how to read! Victoria is in preschool right now (and will be next year, too!), so I thought this was such an incredible way to get her into the reading process. It’s fun for her and that’s what’s most important. She WANTS to learn because she’s having fun with it.
So what’s incredible about it?
– Your little one learns everything from counting to problem solving, with fun replayable activities that teach life and school skills
– It’s designed to help build key skills and challenge kids to get ready for their next step in learning.
– The magic behind LeapStart Scout is a stylus that reads invisible dots on every page triggering engaging audios like questions, challenges, songs, jokes and more to teach school and life skills in an new and exciting way.
– It works with a library of 16 Activity Books (sold separately) from Level 1 to Level 4, which progress from Preschool to 1st Grade that seamlessly blend school key concepts and life skills with more than 400 learning activities—a funfest of touch-and-talk games, creative challenges, problem-solving puzzles, math mazes and more
– There are more than 30 replayable activities in each activity book are designed to be played again and again for endless discovery. Most activities are designed with two levels so that kids can play and learn at the right level and move up when they’re ready
– It includes a kid-tough device with easy-hold stylus for little hands and 12-page Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten sampler book.
Celebrate reading today and always with LeapFrog… they have incredible products. I’ve been a happy LeapFrog mama for 8+ years and I’m thrilled to be back at the beginning of reading with my girl!