How to Spruce Up Your Office. It’s essential to make sure your office is conducive to your needs and wants as an entrepreneur. Let’s be honest – if you work from home, it’s important to have some dedicated work space. My husband laughs at me, but I always tell him that I just want my work space to be “pretty.”
Pretty is just how I want it to be.
And now I’m going to give you the honest truth — my desk is a mess! It’s anything but pretty. It’s filled with papers and random things (marbles and elastic bands and stickers). It has marker marks on it. It’s just a complete eye sore. I hate to say it, but it’s true.
Enough is enough. It was time to SPRUCE IT UP! I knew I couldn’t do a full overhaul, but I knew something needed to be done – inch by inch. I set a budget of $100, went to TJMaxx/Homegoods to see what I could pull and I had some INCREDIBLE success!
5 Ways to Spruce Up Your Office:
1) MAJOR DEEP CLEAN – I have white furniture in my office that hadn’t been deep cleaned in forever! There was dust. There were pen smudges. It was time to clean and I mean REALLY clean. As soon as I went through everything, I would have just stopped there! It was like a brand new office space. Everything was pristine and clean and shiny! This is a HUGE recommendation for everyone to do for their office spaces!
2) FLOWERS – I’m not good with real flowers, but I’m fabulous with fake ones. At TJMaxx I bought 2 small “fake” bouquets for my desk and they are gorgeous! They really set the mood and are beautiful to look at on my desk. This is such an easy fix for anyone out there!
3) FRESH NOTEBOOKS – I always love to have a journal on hand in my office. If an idea pops up or if inspiration strikes… I want a place to jot it down! This is always good for me. Here’s the issue – I usually have a million notebooks that are stacked on my desk. I took every notebook that had been written in and packed them away on a shelf. They’re there for me to get, but not out in the open for me. I grabbed a brand new tiny notebook at TJMaxx (that’s small enough to pop in my purse) and it’s the only one on my desk right now. I love it.
4) INSPIRATION – I’m ALL about inspiration. My best advice for sprucing? Bring in NEW inspiration. I found some adorable quotes and nameplates to put out on display. They keep me happy and working and motivated!
5) MIRROR IMAGE – I’m OBSESSED with mirrors in my office, I love how they look and I love how they make my tiny space seem bigger! I found an incredible bookend that’s mirror image with the letter A ON it! It’s perfect and a fabulous way to stack all my books that are just sitting on my desk nice and neatly! You don’t want your desk to look cluttered, so make sure each item has its own spot.
Hopefully these tips will help you out!!
I’m BIG into creating my office into a space that I love and that I’m proud of for myself.
Happy creating! And don’t forget – you don’t need a million, trillion dollars!