As a full-time working mom of 5, I need to have some really GREAT DAYS! My days can’t be mediocre. My days can’t be unpleasant. My days can’t be stressful and chaotic. They need to be the BEST DAYS, GREAT DAYS.
If I wake up happy and ready to tackle the day, then my day starts off that way.
Are you with me?
How can you have the Best Day or (at least) get off on the right foot to have one??
Here are 8 things you can do to help ensure the BEST DAY EVER!!!
- Wake up early! I know, it’s not always easy to do the morning rise and shine – but it’s worth it! There’s something really relaxing about waking up early and not having to deal with the morning-rush. Whenever I sleep in, my mornings are (beyond) chaotic. I mean, BEYOND. It’s like a merry-go-round, I’m running in circles trying to get everyone out the door on time, all while trying to get myself ready. It’s not easy. Wake up early and allow yourself a little morning leisure.
- Morning cup of coffee with the news. This works for me like a charm. Before I really kick off my day, I make a cup of coffee and sit on the couch enjoying the news (on the TV!) for about 20 minutes or so. The house is quiet. I can put my feet up and see what’s going on in the world. I can just give myself a little me-time before it’s time to hit the pavement and roll!
- Outfits ready. I started doing this for myself when I was in elementary school and what can I say – it stuck! Every night before bed I layout my clothing (and for my kids, too!) for the next day. It makes it easy to get up and get dressed, there isn’t any running around to the closets trying to find items. Everything is neat, organized and ready to be worn!
- Lunches the night before. Ahhh… the secret from all moms and dads to the newbies out there. Prep as much as you can the night before. I love to prep all of my dry snacks the night before, it just makes it easier on me in the morning. Now I’m packing 4 lunches, so I’m looking for anyway which way to cut down time in the morning for myself! I love seeing everything 80% done in the morning.
- Clean counters, clean sink. This is something I’ve been doing for years and it REALLY makes a big difference in the morning. Before you head to bed (regardless of how tired you are!) clean off all your counters and clear your sink. I’m telling you, there’s something really incredible to coming down to a clean and sparse kitchen in the morning. It really makes a big difference.
- Blood pumping. There’s nothing like a little morning workout! It gets the blood pumping and it kicks you off with the day loaded with ENERGY! I don’t go super crazy in the morning, I love to power walk, jog or do some cardio fitness DVDs. It’s just to get my blood moving and it really does help me! You don’t need to do it every single day, but make sure you bring some workouts in!
- Drink Lemon Water. Yes, it has to have lemon! Why? Drinking lemon water as soon as you wake up spikes your energy levels physically and mentally. By improving nutrient absorption in your stomach, it gives you a steady, natural energy buzz that lasts the length of the day. You need to drink it first thing in the morning (on an empty stomach) to ensure full absorption. Lemons are chock full of nutrients, such as potassium, vitamin C, and antioxidants.
- Layout your day. Get organized and ready for the day. Start your to do list. Start prioritizing what needs to get done. Start getting yourself ready to rock and roll! You want your day to be full and accomplished, get its ready!