While aboard the Disney Fantasy, I had the opportunity to interview Ashley Eckstein. If you’re not familiar with Ashley, she’s an actress and fashion designer. She’s specifically known to audiences as the voice of Ahsoka Tano on Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Also (my fave) founder of fashion line Her Universe!
I have been a HUGE fan Ashley Eckstein for a long time, she’s just so wonderful! I loved hearing her speak to us on the ship! She’s talented and driven and passionate and such an amazing businesswoman! I’ve known Ashley through her fashion and Ahsoka… but I have never heard her speak. I was just BEYOND impressed with her! I left our meeting feeling energized and ready to take on the world!
So what did I learn about her? What made me so impressed?
10 Things About Ashley Eckstein:
- This was Ashley’s very 1st Disney Cruise and 1st cruise ever! She said, “I’m like a kid in a candy store!”
- In regards to being part of the Star Wars family, Ashley Eckstein said, “With Star Wars Fans, you instantly build a family worldwide.” She loves this piece of being part of the Star Wars family, fans accept you immediately.
- When asked what she was most excited about for the Disney Cruise, she answered… “You have 2 of my most favorite things in the entire world 1) Disney and 2) Star Wars. Combining these 2 is really cool!”
- On the Disney Cruise she couldn’t wait to 1) Meet Fans 2) Try the Food 3) Watch the Star Wars MOVIES!
- Interesting fact about Ashley, her father was a Disney cast member. He worked contracted food/beverage for the Disney Cruises. She had a chance to go on a Disney Cruise with her dad, but opted to go to her prom! It was during the same time!
- Her very 1st memory of Star Wars was when she saw “A New Hope.” She remembers watching it in her living room on an orange shag rug. She used to play around with her siblings like they were droids!
- Her parents helped instill in her a true Disney education. It was all about dreaming BIG. Her mom would ask her, “What’s your dream?” – Disney showed her 1st hand, “If you can dream it, you can build it!” Her mom never told her NO to her dreams, she would always help her figure out how she would make her dream happen.
- When it came to creating her business Her Universe, Ashley had a ton of NOs at first. People didn’t see her vision. Ashley always kept in mind her “Alphabet Plan.” She always knew that there would be a Plan, A, B, C, D… she could go through the alphabet with different plan strategies. (Personally this was my favorite takeaway, I loved hearing this!)
- Her Universe was created to be a “safe place for female fans to step into the spotlight and be safe. I created unisex merchandise, but for me it’s about the community.” I loved hearing that vision and mission of her Universe.
- To Ashley, Star Wars = HOPE. “Star Wars is a lifestyle, it’s not a trend.”
After we chatted with Ashley Eckstein, me and Vera went directly to the White Caps store on the ship to check out the merchandise!!
Ashley Eckstein – Her Universe
I have to say, I just LOVED meeting Ashley Eckstein and hearing her talk about her journey. She was so motivational and inspirational. She was such an incredible fresh breath of air with a tremendous spirit!
Best of luck to Ashley, always!
Check out Ashley Eckstein Her Universe Collection here.
See more about the Disney Fantasy Cruise here!