BEST SQUASH SOUP RECIPE (EVER!) – From Sheri McShane from the blog WhenTheGetsGoToBed.com. Best Squash Soup Recipe for families! I’m telling you right now – you will fall in love with this recipe! Not to mention it’s totally easy to do and to make!
Squash Soup Recipe
It was a gorgeous weekend here in New England and I felt like making some soup. Squash Soup was the first thing that came to mind and boy did it come out delicious! I roasted the squash first to add another dimension of flavor. Best idea ever! It was enjoyed by the whole family, even the dog.
Ingredients for Squash Soup Recipe:
*I tried to make it where all of the ingredients are items that you should have at home or at least easy to find in a store! I don’t want to overwhelm anyone with this easy recipe.
2.5 – 3 lbs butternut squash
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt & Pepper
2 tbsp butter
1 finely chopped shallot
1 tsp minced garlic
1 cup canned pumpkin
½ tsp ground ginger
½ tsp black pepper
½ tsp salt
4 cups vegetable stock
How to Make Squash Soup Recipe
• Preheat the oven to 425°F and chop the butternut squash (or buy it already cut – which is the easiest to do ever). Coat them in olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and thyme and roast for 45 minutes.
• When the squash is done roasting, get a large sauce pan and put on medium heat. Start melting the butter, then add the garlic and shallot and cook till fragrant. I’m telling you right now – this will smell so good in your house! Just doing this step alone will make you happy! My kids always love coming into the kitchen and smelling this in the air!
• Add in pumpkin, ginger, salt, and pepper. If you like heat, substitute the ginger for cayenne pepper. I love being able to share substitutions in the recipes! It’s a great way to know that you can add other stuff in and not just go by what you read.
• Stir in roasted butternut squash. Stir it in slowly!
• Add in the vegetable stock and bring to a low boil. Stir occasionally and break up the squash. My advice is to keep a good eye on it. Don’t walk away, stay by and keep watch!
• Take off heat and blend with an emersion blender. If you don’t have one, put batches in a regular blender. Blend until smooth. This is probably the best step! My kids love to see this part coming together!
Creamy and amazing. I hope you enjoy it! This is the most delicious soup ever! Squash Soup Recipe is something that I love sharing because it’s something that is easy and lovely to make. I really feel that this is one of those recipes you can make it freeze, too. Warm it up on a cold night and you’ll be all set! Add some salt and pepper on top! This is a great soup to have on hand when you’re feeling a little sick, too. Yummy for the tummy!