How to Make Monkey Bread. It’s one recipe I don’t know much about, so I had my friend and Mom Generations contributor – Sheri McShane take a stab at it for me!! Sheri is a contributor for MomGenerations.com and has the blog: When the Kids Go to Bed. She’s the mom of 3 little boys and is a phenomenal baker and cook! Here is what Sheri sent me for How to Make Monkey Bread and I fell in love with the recipe in a heartbeat!
How to Make Monkey Bread
Well I caved the other day and had to turn the heat on, which means it is officially baking season folks! Oh, yes – in Rhode Island there’s really no doubt about winter! It’s cold here. It’s real cold here. I hadn’t made a monkey bread in a while so I decided to make one with a pumpkin twist. Perfect for Fall. The great thing about Monkey Bread is that it’s super easy and a sure crowd-pleaser. Who can resist that sticky goodness, right? My kids are all about a gooey mess! They love to pull it apart and really see who can get the biggest piece of all! One of the biggest misconceptions is that it’s a really tough and difficult recipe to make. It’s not. You don’t need to be an expert baker to make this – you can be a novice!
How to Make Monkey Bread – Ingredients:
2 cans of flakey butter biscuits
½ cup sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup canned pumpkin
½ cup butter
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
Steps for How to Make Monkey Bread
- Preheat oven to 350°F – Make sure you do this first!!!
• Cut biscuits into small pieces, about 1 inch. If you go much bigger, it will give the bread a different look and feel. I would definitely say keep to this size. You can go bigger if you want – but I suggest taking it to the 1 inch and that’s it.
• Put sugar and cinnamon in a storage bag and add the biscuit pieces. Shake and coat. This part you can really bring your kids into, too. My sons love helping me with this fun and easy step! Just let them shake shake shake away!
• Get a fluted pan and spray with cooking spray. You can use butter, but definitely use spray because it’s easier to make sure you have a full and even coating throughout the pan.
• Place biscuit pieces in pan. This is another step your kids can do! You can have them place them in any way! You can let them just go to town on it!! Don’t worry about having it look a certain way!! Just have fun with it!
• In a sauce pan melt together the butter, pumpkin, and pumpkin spice. Now!! I opted for pumpkin in my recipe. You don’t need to do this!! I love the pumpkin spice for my family, but you can easily omit it. I’ve made it both ways before, too. I will say – the pumpkin really does give it a fantastic extra kick and it’s something you will be thankful you tried, too! It’s not overpowering with it – so don’t worry about that either!
• Pour sugary mixture over the monkey bread and bake for 35 minutes.
• Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes and then place on a serving plate.
ENJOY your FINAL PRODUCT!!!
Check out more recipes from Sheri, here! She’s the best there is and I love her to pieces!