There’s nothing like a baby in the family. My niece – Eve – who is 4 months old is the most adorable little baby ever! I absolutely love her to pieces. Actually – we all do in our family. She’s the perfect little bookend to the Couto grandchildren.
I’ve been having so much fun helping my sister with her nursery. I love to update Victoria’s and have some fun adding in new touches here and there. As kids grow, so do your nursery needs. As a “seasoned” mom of 5, I know this firsthand. Even with my sister – just having my niece go from 1 month to 4 months… there’s different needs.
Updating your nursery is something you might do often or not often enough! The beauty is that it’s easy to do and beneficial for your family as your kids get older. I still call Victoria’s room her nursery, so you can get away with doing this for (at least) 3 years!
What can you do to update your nursery? And you know… without spending thousands and thousands of dollars?
– Update your child’s bedding. It’s incredible what kind of a difference you can make in your child’s nursery just be updating the bedding. Victoria had a floral pattern set when she was a newborn. It was so sweet and beautiful. As she got older, she grew out of it. Changing up bedding is fairly inexpensive. I just gave my sister this tip last weekend! Switch up whatever your child has… believe me, it makes a BIG difference in the room.
– Paint change. You can always change the color of your nursery to update it a bit. This is easy, peasy to do! With my sons, we re-paointed their nursery 3 separate times. Loved the color changes!
– Create a theme. Themes are always great in nursery spaces. In Victoria’s I made it all glitter and glam when she was first born. After 4 sons, I deserved as glitter and glam room! Then I switched it to more just a “princess” theme. I love updating your theme in the nursery because your child changes as they grow with their interests.
– Add on in some new items. A recommendation? Check out – Motorola MBP854CONNECT Dual Mode Baby Monitor with 4.3-Inch LCD Parent Monitor and Wi-Fi Internet. We’re talking PRIMO people. Monitor on the handheld parent unit with 4.3-inch diagonal color screen with touch controls and while away on compatible smartphones, tablets, and computers with the free Wi-Fi Hubble app. You will love.
– Relocate the furniture. This is such an easy fix, but really makes a big change. Simply move the furniture around in the nursery. How easy is that??
– Many times when you have an infant, you make the room VERY baby oriented. Add in some items that are more for an “older” baby. With Victoria 3 years old, she is obsessed with Minnie Mouse. I have loved adding in Minnie Mouse because Victoria genuinely loves her!
– Easy fix? New curtains. We just did this in our master bedroom and it completely changed the look of the room. Just a new splash of color goes a long way!
See how easy it is to updater your nursery? You don’t have to spend TONS of money. Just makes smaller changes that will leave a lasting impression!
Happy nursery updating everyone!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored posting.