Hasselback Zucchini – Summer Recipe. *Sheri McShane is a contributor for MomGenerations.com! Sheri has the blog: When the Kids Go to Bed. One thing I absolutely love about summer is grilling. I’ve been grilling every night this week. It’s just too hot to turn on the oven. Here’s a simple veggie recipe to toss on the grill this summer. Hasselback Zucchini is a great way to add some extra flavor to your veggies and it hearty enough to withstand the heat of the grill.
Hasselback Zucchini – Summer Recipe
Hasselback Zucchini – Ingredients:
Medium size zucchini
Seasoning: garlic powder, onion powder, salt & pepper
Shredded mozzarella and grated parmesan
These are super easy ingredients and I hope you take the time to really utilize this super, duper easy recipe for the summer. And honestly – who am I kidding? This is great for the entire year, too! It’s light. It’s refreshing. It’s healthy. It’s delish. It’s just easy and that’s worth it right there.
Ready for these steps?
Hasselback Zucchini – Summer Recipe STEPS
Here’s what you do!!!
• Bring your grill up to medium heat. Make sure you’re not overheating.
• Make ½ to ¼ inch slices in your zucchini. This is important to make sure you keep them to a certain size. This is KEY.
• Put bits of mozzarella and parmesan in between the slits. You can go crazy if you want, don’t worry about it. I love cheese.
• Drizzle olive oil over the zucchini and season. Add some salt and pepper if you want to!
• Place on tin foil on the grill for 20 minutes. You need to make sure you have foil for this one!
I made ½ inch slits and I would recommend making them smaller, you’ll get a better charring and more flavor. If you like your veggies a little more aldente, make larger slits. It’s all about personal preference.
I have to say – I love this recipe!
Make this Hasselback Zucchini – Summer Recipe because:
- Make this as an appetizer
- Add this as a side dish
- Make this as an afternoon snack
- Late night snack, too! Never underestimate the power of a late night snack! Something healthy and delish!
Grilling is one of my favorite times of the year! We make all of our summer recipes for the grill. We love to grill – it’s our summer thing. We make tons of things and really make sure we do this 4-5 times a week. I love grilling because it’s easy. You can grill so many things besides meat. We love to grill veggies. We are obsessed with this for the summer.
Jump on this recipe for your family.
Make sure you let me know what you think!! If you add anything else to it, let me know!! I always love to hear how people adapt recipes – especially when they’re easy.
Enjoy grilling season while it lasts! I have to admit – even in the winter I grill for my family. I don’t care if it’s snowing or not. I’m outside loving the grilling power of it all! Make sure you utilize your grill if you have one. It’s a great way to cook and prep meals!