Looking for the perfect gifts for pregnant women this Valentine’s Day? Here are some super cute ideas that your mom to be will love!
♥ Valentine’s Day Style for the Pregnant Mama! ♥
I have spent 5 Valentine’s pregnant. Since it’s the day of love, I always wanted to look my best for my husband. I would always wear something red and always try my best to feel beautiful inside and out! This year my sister is pregnant with her 2nd baby, a baby girl. She’s just over 6 months pregnant and has the cutest baby bump ever! Her husband has planned a fun evening for just the two of them, so she’s on the hunt for the perfect outfit!
Since maternity style is something that is so special and so much fun, I thought it would be fun to chat with the ultimate expert – Motherhood Maternity – for some style advice for the big LOVE day! I have spent many shopping experiences at Motherhood Maternity for myself, so I thought it would be fun to get their advice and tips on a perfect Valentine’s Day!
Related Article: Where to buy flowers on Valentine’s Day.
Valentine’s Day Gifts for Pregnant Women
– What are some great trends right now in maternity wear?
It’s all about embracing the bump and celebrating this joyous time in styles that deliver both fashion and comfort. Current fashion trends like peasant blouses, oversized ponchos and skinny jeans work perfectly for the expecting mom and allow her to be comfortable and trendy while staying true to her personal style.
Our favorite trends are:
Stripes! Whether horizontal, vertical, wide or narrow, stripes are great to wear during your pregnancy and add an element of playfulness to simple silhouettes. We are seeing the trend in dresses and tunics. This fashion favorite will be a go-to style throughout pregnancy and beyond.
The crazy weather this winter makes layering pieces a must no matter where you live. The fool-proof trick to maternity layering is starting with fitted pieces like a bump-hugging tee and skinny jeans and adding a sweater, cardigan, poncho or vest.
– What are some great tips for wanting to look sexy, but also have that comfort factor?
Pregnancy combined with winter weather makes skin so dry. The Basq Body Boost Mama To Be Kit, in soothing aromas like lavender vanilla and milk and honey, has everything you need for a little at-home pampering, helping your skin exfoliate, moisturize and repair.
Attract your partner in a tight dress. A side ruched dress that shows off your curves is a great date choice that is sexy and comfortable. Style this gray maxi with a statement necklace, strappy heels and bold pink lip for a night out or throw on a denim jacket for a pulled together day date look.
This is one of the best gifts for pregnant women or for new moms who need a little bit of pampering.
– What are some suggestions for dressing to impress your partner this Valentine’s Day?
–Have fun! Our red heart sweater is a style standout! Layer over a denim dress for flirty flair or pair with black pants to elevate the look. Graphic tees are a fun way to make a style statement this Valentine’s Day while celebrating the fact that you are expecting. With flattering side-ruching and a scoop neck, these I Love U and I’m With Cupid maternity tees will be your go-to all month long and are perfect if you are looking for a seasonally fun way to announce your pregnancy.
–Be sexy. Being pregnant doesn’t mean you can’t be sexy and lingerie is a great place to start! You’re sure to attract your partner in lacy bra and panty styles that feel feminine and flirty. This black and nude lace bra is the perfect mix of seductive and supportive. A hot dress that shows off a bit of leg like the Wendy Bellissimo Sleeveless Maternity Dress is a great go-to for a romantic dinner.
– Cuddle up in comfortable sleepwear in sweet prints! This pajama set is perfect for a cozy night in. Be festive in your undergarments too, with heart print panties. And for the new mom planning to nurse, our essential clip down nursing tank comes in pink and red lace.
– What’s are some of your must haves from Motherhood Maternity?
There are 5 maternity staples all expecting mothers should have to carry her through pregnancy:
- A great pair of Secret Fit Belly® maternity jeans you can practically live in and that work for almost any and every occasion. Plus we swear you’ll wear them for months afterwards!
- A flowy top or A-line tunic for layering that will transition with you from your first trimester bump to postpartum.
- A basic form-fitting tank which can be worn throughout the entire pregnancy, even post-baby!
- Just like before she was pregnant, a go-to little black dress to pair with your favorite statement jewelry.
- Ultimate must have: maternity bras! Most women wear bras that don’t fit properly and as expecting women know, their bodies and especially their bust will change and grow so much throughout pregnancy! It’s better to buy bras at several different times than it is to spend an entire pregnancy wearing bras that don’t fit. We encourage expecting mothers to visit a Motherhood Maternity store to have a free bra fitting with our sales associates.
Make sure you stay on top of all the Motherhood Maternity news:
Instagram – @motherhoodmaternity
Twitter – @motherhoodmat
Facebook – Motherhood Maternity