Ever have trouble finding just the right book for kids who are ready to make the leap from early readers but not quite prepared for a traditional chapter book?
This is my 7 year old Henry to a “T!”
My Henry is in second grade and he’s ITCHING to read chapter books, but he’s just not ready for them yet. He loves to read, so finding that middle reading ground is something that’s important for me to find for him.
Scholastic has the answer!
Branches is a unique line of books specifically designed for newly independent readers, typically kids ages 5 to 8. It really is that central sweet spot right in that age range. The Branches line is here to help you foster a love of reading in your kids and give them the tools they need to become life-long readers.
So what can you expect from Branches?
· Branches books help your child get a head-start on his or her reading career! Each book includes: easy-to-read text, simple plot lines, plenty of context cues, cliffhanger chapter endings, and purposeful illustrations (on every page!) that aid in reading comprehension. Feeling like a successful reader will bolster your child’s self-confidence, which will lead to an increased interest in reading. I can’t stress enough how amazing this is for Henry. He’s becoming a more and more confident reader and that’s very special to me.
· The Branches line is solely made up of series. We want young readers to return to their favorite characters again and again—because that is how they build reading stamina and confidence! This I absolutely love for Henry. He can become part of a series, something he would love to do because his brothers read chapter books.
· There is a Branches book for every kid! According the Kids and Parents Reading Report™: Fifth Edition 73% of kids believe that they would read more if they could find more books that they like. With 14 different series and counting Branches delivers on providing kids with plenty of choices, so every reader can find the perfect book for them. Does your kid love to laugh? Perfect! There is the zany and hilarious Kung Pow Chicken. Does your reader love a fantastical adventure? Dragon Masters has it all: Dragons, a Dragon Stone, a king, a wizard, and magic! How about a spooky story? Eerie Elementary will have your young readers on the edge of their seats! It’s perfection. There really is something for everyone.
Each Branches book is chock-full of loveable, relatable characters!
My Henry gravitated towards these 2 books immediately!!
And another GREAT part is that all of the books explore relevant themes for readers ages 5-8 like friends, school, magic, and adventure—ensuring that each book will grab your young readers’ attention!
AND!!!!! I have some EXCITING NEWS!!!!
I HAVE A GIVEAWAY!!!!
One (1) winner receives:
· Owl Diaries: Eva’s Treetop Festival;
· Kung Pow Chicken: Let’s Get Cracking;
· Eerie Elementary: The School is Alive!;
· Dragon Masters: Rise of the Earth Dragon;
· plus a $50 Hanna Andersson gift card to put towards a backpack for toting around all those books!
Giveaway open to US addresses only.
Prizing and samples provided by Scholastic.
How can you enter?
Leave me a comment who this would be perfect for in your life!! Son? Daughter? Grandchild? Niece? Nephew? Neighbor? Friend? Share with me! I will choose a winner on October 18th at 5:00PM.
For an additional entry, you can tweet me who you would love this for, too – Tweet to @AudreyMcClellan and use hashtag #ScholasticBranches
Disclosure: This is a sponsored posting with Scholastic Branches. All opinions are 100% my own.