OK, ladies… let’s dish (and for real!).
When it comes to dishes – is all fair?
According to a Modern Family Cleanup Survey from OxiClean Dishwasher Detergent “all is not fair in love and dishes.”
Are you surprised by this?
The OxiClean study compared the behaviors and attitudes that dishwashing can have on relationships, gender, generations and everyday lives.
Here’s the dish…
· Most say dirty dishes can spoil couples’ moods.
· As a daily chore, dishwashing takes up approximately 23 minutes per day – which adds up to roughly 5.8 days a year.
· Most respondents said that they have a particular system for loading the dishwasher and re-arrange dishes that others had already loaded into the dishwasher.
· Half of all Americans agree that they consider dirty dishes to be a sign of poor hygiene in their partner.
· Almost half of women in relationships (44%) think their partner avoids doing the dishes, and nearly three-quarters of women (73%) wish their partner would help out daily with this chore.
· Parents today admit their kids are doing less household chores compared to previous generations.
· One in five respondents (21%) noted that washing the dishes was a shared responsibility when they were growing up, and only seven percent saying that is still true today.
I have to admit, I am not surprised by any of these findings.
And I will admit this too, my kids do way less chores than I did as a child! I need to start making some serious changes in this house! 🙂
Change it up a bit with OxiClean!
For families looking to save time and steps in their dishwashing routine, OxiClean™ Extreme Power Crystals™ Dishwasher Detergent comes in an easy-to-pour, easy-to-store bottle or convenient paks, and is available in Lemon Clean and Fresh Clean scents. Products are available in food, drug and mass retailers. For more information, visit www.oxiclean.com.