When it comes to bedtime and putting the kids to bed in my house, it can be mayhem at times. With 5 kids, all under the age of 10, there’s never a dull moment during bedtime. It’s been one thing throughout my life as a mom that I have tried my best to get into a solid-bedtime-routine, but I just can’t seem to get us into a consistent one. It’s something that I know is very important to do because sleep is something that is so important for you and your family. Not only just sleep, but getting a restful sleep. In my house, I feel like with the kids, there’s always something to get us distracted during bedtime.
It usually goes a little something like this…
William – my 10 year old – always asks to stay up a little “later” because he’s the oldest.
Alex – my 9 year old – will suddenly decide 2 minutes before bedtime that he’s thirsty or hungry.
Ben – my 7 year old – will get scared of the dark and want me to keep on every single light upstairs (which distracts the other kids).
Henry – my 6 year old – will sneak downstairs a handful of times for extra hugs and kisses because he “didn’t get a good enough hug” the first time. He’s my comedian, he will try about 50 different ways to stay up with us after we’ve put them down to bed.
Victoria – my 18 month old – she’s just starting to get into a full-bedtime routine, but with the boys up and down dozens of times after we’ve put her to bed, she’s distracted and here’s “life” going on upstairs and wants to be up. STAT.
As you can tell, there’s never a true dull moment when it comes to bedtime. And if it’s not all of them on the one night, it’s at least one of them every single night.
If any of this sounds familiar (please tell me I’m not alone!), I finally have a bedtime solution and product to help you (and your kids) out and I’m THRILLED TO BE ABLE TO SHARE it with you.
As many of you know, I traveled to Las Vegas this week for the CES 2015 Convention. All the latest and greatest tech product/apps/services debut here and it’s just a masterful and incredible convention to attend if you’re into tech/gadgets/electronics/social media. Sleep Number invited me to attend the CES on behalf of them and the unveiling of one of their brand new products for families. Now in full disclosure, before attending the Convention with Sleep Number, I didn’t know what product they were unveiling. I was very intrigued and very interested to see, hear and experience what they were going to be launching.
It turns out, it’s a product that genuinely has the ability to change my family’s sleep habits and bedtime routine for the BETTER forever.
Sleep Number launched their SleepIQ Kids Bed on January 6th, 2015 at CES.
They have introduced the only bed that grows with your child and is the first adjustable beds for kids. It truly is… a smart bed for smart kids. Our kids are growing up in a technology-driven world and I love that Sleep Number has taken this to a new level with sleep for kids and families through their SleepIQ Kids Bed.
You know, we put so much thought and energy into so many aspects of our kids lives. We worry about the food they eat, the schools they go to, the activities they do, the kids they play with, the amount of time they’re connected digitally, if they’re getting enough healthy exercise and fitness. But when it comes to sleep, many times we don’t actually think about the quality of sleep they’re getting. How many restful hours of sleep they’re actually getting throughout the night. When I don’t get enough sleep throughout the night, it effects my day dramatically when I wake up. I’m sluggish, I’m tired and I’m sort of just going through the motions. I know how important it is for me to get a solid 6-7 hours of sleep each night of restful sleep and I really love that Sleep Number is now giving me the ability to see and make sure this is happening for my kids sleep, too.
With the SleepIQ Kids Bed, there are 8 amazing features:
1. Family Connected, sleep perfected. — Through the amazing SleepIQ Technology, I can see how my whole family is sleeping. My kids will have their own SleepIQ Numbers and it will give me a breakdown of their restful hours and restless hours and also time they were not sleeping and out of bed. All of this can be monitored and followed/checked through the app. It’s just incredible.
2. Know the comfort they’re getting — The bed adjusts and grows with them and their Sleep Number setting. You don’t have to do anything, it does this all on its own.
3. Lifts them up when they’re down — The head tilt feature is great for reading in bed and also wonderful and comforting for stuffy heads during the cold season.
4. No more kids jumping out of bed — This is pretty cool for moms and dads – you will be alerted when your child is out of bed or restless. No more trying to listen for creaking steps!
5. Stars for young dreamers — Make bedtime fun again with rewards for good sleep! My Henry will love how he can get stars for doing everything before bedtime – brushing teeth, jammies on, 10 minutes of reading, etc. All of this is done through the app. It’s really a great bonus system for your family to come together and make bedtime routines. You can even set a setting for time and it will count down till when they need to be in bed. It’s really awesome, perfect for our family.
6. Night bright, night light — You can turn off the lights remotely and when they are sleeping tight.
7. Twinkle, twinkle — Soft under-bed lights for when they get up during the night. This is a best friend for a child scared of the dark.
8. Monsters be GONE — Sleepyheads rest easy with a fearless monster detector. AN exceptional idea for little kids and all done through the app. You can show the kids how the monsters have vanished away from their room!
We couldn’t get enough of it! See it in “person” here with me and Vera Sweeney!
You know, as we all know as parents, the best life we give our children, the more potential they will have in life. It truly does make sense to hear Sleep Number remind us that – Tonight Bedtime, Tomorrow the World. With the SleepIQ Bed parents and children can learn together what to do to achieve better sleep each night. Equipped with your child’s individual sleep knowledge, you know have the ability to help your kids achieve optimal sleep. Establishing good sleep habits now sets up kids for a lifetime of quality sleep. The SleepIQ Kids bed will be available exclusively at sleepnumber.com and Sleep Number stores nationwide later this year, starting at around $1,000.
For more information or to be one of the first to receive the latest updates about the SleepIQ Kids bed, visit www.SleepIQKids.com.
DISCLOSURE: Sleep Number paid for my travel/lodging during CES 2015. All opinions in this post are 100% my own.