The New Year is always a time for me to reflect and really hit the reset button. Ever since I was a little girl, I’ve always enjoyed the new thought of new possibilities and happenings in a New Year. It’s a NEW time to do things different. It’s a NEW time to create something different. It’s a NEW time to go after new dreams and goals. It’s a NEW time to be new for myself.
It’s always around this time of year where I will sit down and truly think of what I would like to happen in the New Year ahead. I focus on what I’m passionate about and what I truly want to happen. It’s a time in my life to say YES! It’s a time in my life to truly make what happen what I want to happen! I absolutely love it! I feel so energized and so renewed when I start thinking of the things that I would like to do.
I’m so happy to have partnered with Fiber One to share with you 10 Things I’m Saying YES to in 2015! Fiber One is all about saying YES – yes to doing new things, yes to healthy choices, yes to making yourself (yes, YOURSELF) a priority.
To be honest, making myself a priority is something I need to do more of… I’m usually only about my family, which I love to be like – but I also know the importance of making sure that I’m taken care of, too. It’s good for the body, heart and soul.
So what about 2015?
I’m ready for you.
Here are 10 Things I’m Saying YES to in 2015:
1. I’m saying YES to running a ½ marathon. I’m scared. I’m nervous. I’m terrified. I’m EVERYTHING about this race, but I’m going to do it. I’m going to lace up my sneakers and I’m going to do it!
2. I’m saying YES to waking up at 5:30AM every morning on my own. My kids all sleep through the night, and they all get up around 7AM… I’ve been trying to get up and enjoy some time in the morning for myself, but I haven’t been able to commit to it. I just want to get up before the house — Maybe to do work. Maybe to watch TV. Maybe to read a book. Maybe to watch TV. I just want to give myself the extra time in the morning to just BE.
3. I’m saying YES to fitting into my pre-pregnancy pants. It’s been 17 months, it’s time.
4. I’m saying YES to going darker with my hair. It’s something new and different, but I’m sick and tired of the blonde and it looking to washed out and getting damaged. I’m taking care of my hair and going back to my natural color.
5. I’m saying YES to trying a new workout class – kickboxing or cardio or spin. I’m TERRIFIED OF JOINING a class because I don’t want to be singled out because I can’t keep up! I’m going to try it this year. I’m going to do it!
6. I’m saying YES to more date nights with my husband. We don’t do enough one on one things together. We’re always with the kids, but I think it would be fun to really commit to going out once a month just the two of us, I feel like it’s something we would look forward to every month.
7. I’m saying YES to eating at home more. We’re so busy and always on the go, I feel like it’s important for us to be doing dinner at home as much as possible. I love sitting down with the kids and asking them about their day and new things that have happened. It’s a great way to bond and always be together. I’ll need to get more organized, but I am really wanting to do this.
8. I’m saying YES to learning how the game of football. My family is ALL ABOUT FOOTBALL and I love it, too – but I don’t know the game well AT ALL! I know what a touchdown is, but I don’t know the different plays and all the players, it’s something I really want to learn because I know it’s important to my 4 sons!
9. I’m saying YES to trying more and more videos for my blog with my husband and my children. I love creating videos and I’ve been wanting to incorporate them I more and more and just never have committed to doing it. This YEAR I AM!! It’s something I’ve been meaning and wanting to do for 2 years now. No more dragging my feet!
10. I’m saying YES to reading more this year. I don’t read just for the sake of reading. I want to lose myself in a good book this year and many, many times. I always used to read before bed when I was a kid and a teenager… I stopped doing it and I really miss it! I’m want to make sure I do this again!
So these are my 10 THINGS TO SAY YES TO IN 2015!!
Thank you Fiber One for encouraging me to do this.
Share with me some of yours!!
Disclosure: This post is part of a collaboration between Fiber One and SheKnows.