I’m a Black Friday shopper.
Always have been, always will be.
I love the adrenaline rush of Black Friday shopping. I always go out by myself, I can never recruit anyone to join me. My husband is always home with the kids, so it’s truly just me, myself and I out for the Black Friday shopping deals and sales.
I’m a firm believer in being prepared for Black Friday shopping. You don’t want to go out without a plan. I did that my first year and I ended up spending WAY TOO much money and came home with WAY TOO much stuff that we didn’t need. I was so caught up in the rush, that I didn’t even stop to think if I needed the item. That’s NOT the way to shop on Black Friday.
I’m happy to share with you some of my tips and advice in Surviving a Black Friday Shopping Experience.
You want to be ready.
You want to be prepared.
You want to be a smart shopper.
1. Make a list and check it twice. Make sure you have a full list as to whom you’re shopping for during Black Friday. Make this list throughout the rest of this week. Take your time. Write down everyone and anyone that you think you might be to buy for this holiday. It’s important to have a clear list in front of you and to be able to cross people off once you’ve gotten their item or gift.
2. Have a budget and stick to it. Many people have a budget as to how much money their either able or willing to spend throughout the holidays. It’s a smart way to shop and to be because it keeps you on point. List out next to the people on your list a ballpark figure as to how much money you will be spending on them. So if you have your child’s teacher on the list, write next to it an appropriate amount that you want to spend and then stay within that for your shopping. It’s easier to have everything down in front of you.
3. Dress in layers. It’s usually SO COLD outside when you’re waiting for the stores to open on Black Friday. As much as I want to say it’s easiest just to wait in your car, many times you need to get out and wait in line with everyone. It’s part of the Black Friday experience! When you’re outside, you’re bundled up… once the doors open, you’re pulling layers off because you’re hot and in the zone. I usually will wear my puffer coat, hat and gloves with a hoodie or fleece underneath and a tee underneath that! It’s easy just to pull off the layers as you go.
4. Have a plan of where you want to go shopping. Obviously you can’t be everywhere on Black Friday, so it’s important to pick your top shopping destinations and just stick to them. I love to shop at Target, so I’m all about knowing the hours of Black Friday shopping ahead of time for them. Target is offering extended store hours throughout the holiday season this year and will be open on Thanksgiving, Nov. 27 through the 28 at 6 p.m. (Thursday) to 11 p.m. or midnight (Friday).
5. Research the Black Friday Deals ahead of time. You don’t want to walk in not knowing what the deals are that are being offered. Have a true shopping plan, research ahead of time and find out what the doorbusters will be and what the ultra-special Black Friday deals are at the places you will be shopping at throughout Black Friday. This will make it easier for you to be able to stay within your budget and check off everyone on your shopping list. Since I’m all about shopping at Target on Black Friday, I’ve already seen what special deals they will be offering specifically on Black Friday:
• New iPad Air 2 16GB, $499.00, and a free $140 Target GiftCard, Reg. $499.00
• Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones, $97.00, Reg. $169.99
• Element 40” 1080p LED HDTV, $119.00
• Xbox One, $329.99, and a free $50 Target GiftCard and two free digital download games, Reg. $399.99
• Nikon L330 20.2MP High Zoom Camera, $99.00, Reg. $229.99
• Westinghouse 55” 1080p LED HDTV, $395.00
• Fitbit Charge Wireless Activity + Sleep Wristband, $99.99, Reg. $129.99
• GoPro HERO3+ Silver edition, $249.99, and a free $50 Target GiftCard, Reg. $299.99
• Sony PlayStation 4, $399.00 bundled with two free games
• Buy one, get one 50 percent off toys from select top brands
• 40 percent off select LEGO sets
• 40 percent off apparel for women, men and kids
• 50 percent off all picture frames
• Dyson DC50 Allergy vacuum, $279.00, Reg. $449.99
Also important to note for other Target shoppers on Black Friday – The first several hundred guests waiting in line at Target stores across the nation on Thursday, Nov. 27 will receive a Christmas cracker, a gift that is synonymous with the holidays in many parts of the world, which will include a Target GiftCard or coupon. On Nov. 28, from 6 a.m. to noon, guests can purchase up to $300 in Target GiftCards at 10 percent off at Target stores and Target.com – the first time Target has ever offered a discount on Target GiftCard purchases.
6. Bring snacks and drinks for yourself. You won’t have the luxury to leisurely head to a local coffee shop and just relax between your shopping, so pack food and drinks with you. I’ll always bring along something easy – fruit, granola bars, sandwich and bottled water. This keeps me fueled throughout the shopping. You don’t want to get too hungry or thirsty!
7. Don’t forget to download the apps to some of your favorite Black Friday shopping destinations. You can score some extra deals and really be able to get an inside peek at some additional deals! Throughout the holiday season, Cartwheel – Target’s mobile savings app – is offering 50 percent off a different toy every day. Additionally, from Nov. 23 to 29, Cartwheel will feature exclusive deals, including at least 25 percent off more than 100 offers. Top deals include:
• 60 percent off select movie titles
• 40 percent off select multi-piece bakeware sets
• 30 percent off board game favorites like Candyland and Chutes and Ladders
I mean, you can’t beat that! Just from downloading the Cartwheels app!
8. Know when you’re done. Your adrenaline can really get going during Black Friday shopping. This is important to note, know when you’re done. When you’ve got all of a good amount of people checked off your list. When you’ve scored those ultra-amazing deals. When you’re hit your budget max. Please note these “rules” for yourself and call it a day.
Black Friday shopping is fun!
You truly do get some awesomely good deals.
Have some fun!
I’ll see you out there! 😉
Disclosure: Sponsored posting with Target. All opinions are 100% my own.