I’m the first one to tell you that I have some sweaters, blouses, jeans, pants and jackets hanging in my closet that I don’t wear enough. I’ve really tried hard each season to take a couple of hours and completely go through my closet looking for items to donate. It feels good to find items that haven’t been warn often and donate on to someone else who will get some use out of them.
I love what J.Jill has been doing at their stores since October 9th. They have been hosting a Gently Worn Clothing Drive… and it is a wonderful way for YOU to go through your closet and give back. By doing so, J.Jill will give you 25% off one full priced item.
I simply love this because I think it’s a wonderful way to give back.
Not to mention, you get a little something for yourself at the same time!
I had the most amazing opportunity to work with J.Jill last week at the one of their J.Jill Compassion Events in Chestnut Hill, MA and it was a powerful afternoon to help benefit Rosie’s Place. J.Jill does an exceptional job at reaching out into the community to do good and bring good to people. These are the kinds of businesses that are important to support and always stand behind.
Now head to your closet and give back!!
If you’re looking for something to purchase with your 25% OFF one full priced item, here are some fabulous J.Jill trends and items that will leave you smiling! 🙂
• Under Wraps – The poncho is back as the must have statement piece of the season. Ace the trend with J.Jill’s affordable Asymmetrical Cable Poncho, featuring a figure-flattering and easily layered silhouette in warm autumnal tones.
• Ethnic Sweater Coats – Add a worldly edge to your wardrobe this fall with two cozy wrap sweaters that feature subtle tones, tribal patterns, and rich textures: the Bloomsbury Topper and the Draped Fair Isle Cardigan.
• Hunting Season – This season’s take on hunting fashion, inspired by the English countryside, is straightforward and no-frills. The newly structured Cordurouy Shirt paired with the Heritage Quilted Vest or the Brushed-Cotton Field Jacket play perfectly into this fall’s trend, and will quickly become closet staples.
• Textured Knits – Nubbly knits were seen all over the runway. Woolen pieces have returned to the forefront with relaxed silhouettes and soft textured knits. Cozy up in J.Jill’s brand new ultra-soft Pure Jill Plush Cardigan, Pullover, and Infinity Scarf or layer on the Pure Jill Minimalist Coat on a cool fall day.
• Scandinavian Prints – A throwback to warm, classic Scandinavian style as seen in Harper’s Bazaar September Issue. Add a splash of Nordic fashion to any outfit with the Country Fair Isle Cardigan or the Fair Isle Pullover.
• Cable Knits – Cable knits are on-trend in a major way. Wear this chunky knit the “real way” with the sumptuous Cable Sweater Dress, the classic Aran Cable pullover, or the adorable Alie Cable Pullover with matching Alie Cable Infinity Scarf.
*OH! And the clothing you bring to J.Jill does not have to be J.Jill clothing. I know I had a few readers ask me about this when I tweeted about it last week!