I’m in Vegas for the ABC Kids Expo this week.
This is only my 2nd time in Vegas. Ever.
Last year when I was here, I had didn’t know what to expect. I just thought of Vegas as lots of lights, lots of casinos and lots of noise. I was also here without my other half (my hubs!), so I knew I wouldn’t be gambling hard or partying hard.
This time around, I’m still not here with my husband, but I am here with one of my best friend’s Vera. I knew I wouldn’t be “alone” and would have someone to “explore” Vegas with while I was here. I quickly began to discover the differences of a true Vegas trip and a business Vegas trip (OK, at least for me). And let me preface with this, I love a good time… but holy moly, I can’t get OVER some of the stuff that passes in Vegas. It’s as if I live in a bubble back home, which I really don’t!
8 Things about Vegas:
1. The loudest music blares at night. It’s as if daylight hours just don’t count. It needs to be dark and after midnight.
2. I was told my ripped jeans weren’t proper attire for a restaurant here (the girl was super sweet, felt so bad telling me), but a woman walks by me with cleavage out to HERE and was totally fine. So basically, no knees, but yes to boobs.
3. I’m still surprised to see kids here on vacation. I was on the elevator with a mom and her 2 kids (they were maybe 3 and 5) yesterday morning and she said they love to vacation here. I was like, “What do the kids do all day? All night?”
4. This is a place with tons of young, beautiful girls everywhere. I would definitely make my husband and sons chaperone my daughter someday.
5. The money that is gambled here is INSANE. I mean, you hear about it. You read about it. You know about it. But when you actually SEE it. It’s craziness.
6. The cab drivers have seen more in Vegas than anyone. Every time we’re in the cabs here, I ask for stories. The drivers love it!
7. I swear, there’s the best shopping here in the world. The stores are endless and EVERYTHING is here.
8. I think everyone has to do Vegas at one point in their life. I’m dying to come back with my husband and just have a fun weekend. I think it would be a totally different experience with him here. I just have to beg someone to babysit our 5 kids! 🙂