I’m a big parmesan lover! Here’s also a fabulous Baked Zucchini Parmesan recipe that I’m obsessed with. My friend Sheri McShane (who is a new contributor for MomGenerations.com) created this delightful and lovely Baked Zucchini Parmesan recipe! It’s just delish! Please also check out —-> Sheri has the blog: When the Kids Go to Bed.
Baked Zucchini Parmesan
I have an overabundance of zucchini growing in my garden this summer. I can’t seem to keep up with it. I’ve missed a few and they turned into zucchinis the size of infants! I wasn’t sure what I should do with them. I decided to make my eggplant parmesan using my monster zucchini instead, and it actually turned out quite well. My kids even ate it. I just told them it was like “pizza chicken” (my term for chicken parmesan).
Ingredients for Baked Zucchini Parmesan
1 giant zucchini or 2-3 medium ones
Shredded mozzarella (I used both shredded and fresh)
Whole wheat seasoned bread crumbs
Salt & pepper
Step by Step for Baked Zucchini Parmesan
Written out Step by Step Baked Zucchini Parmesan
1. I started off by “sweating” the zucchini. I was hoping it would take any bitterness or excess moisture from the zucchini. To “sweat” the zucchini, I took my ¼ inch slices of zucchini and spread them on paper towels. I lightly sprinkled them with coarse sea salt and let them sit for 30 minutes.
2. Heat up olive oil in a skillet and start egging and breading your slices.
3. Pre-heat the oven to 375°
4. Cook the slices in the skillet until they are golden brown. Transfer them to a paper towel when done.
5. After all the slices are cooked, it’s time to start layering. I put a layer of sauce on the bottom of my casserole dish. Then I layered zucchini, a little sauce, and cheese. I did two layers.
6. Bake for 25 minutes.
It turned out really well. I thought it would be overly watery, but it wasn’t at all. It was a nice fresh and flavorful dish for a summer evening. Enjoy!
ABOUT SHERI MCSHANE:
Hello All. My name is Sheri. I am a working mother of 3 pretty darn fabulous little boys. I’m trying very hard to handle the stresses of working, being a mother, being a wife, keeping house, and finding the time to just laugh and enjoy life. A few things you should know about me: I’m an iced-coffee addict, I love to organize, and I love my wine. I am also a master at fort-building and being the belly-eating monster. Fitness and healthy eating habits are important to me so you may hear a little about that too. Here you will read about my daily musings and of course my venting, wine glass in hand. Hope you find something you can relate to. Cheers.
If you’re a crafty kind of person, come visit me over at The Crafty Collaborative. Here you will find a group of us ladies reviewing and test driving all the fabulous recipes and DIYs we find on Pinterest. We’ll let you know if they’re worth diving into.