I don’t know much, but I know I love summer. Is that not how the song goes? Oh.
In any case, I really don’t want summer to end. It seems like everyone around me is gearing up for fall – sweaters! boots! football! pumpkin flavored EVERYTHING! – and I really try to match the excitement, but I just can’t muster it up.
Summer just doesn’t last long enough. I need more corn on the cob and frozen lemonade and al fresco dining and daylight that lasts and lasts.
(Also, I don’t like the taste of pumpkin.)
But now that school is starting and Labor Day is just days away, I must accept the fact that the countdown to fall is on. So to celebrate my favorite season as it drifts away, here are 8 Things I Know For Sure About Summer:
1) Dreaming Of Being A Lifeguard Is A Childhood Rite Of Passage
2) Even Dogs Prefer Summer
3) You Have To Let Your Silly Side Show
4) Fireworks Are Always Magical
5) You’re Never Too Young – Or Too Old – For A Carnival
6) Nothing Beats A Summer Sunset
7) Man Is To Grill As Moth Is To Flame
8) Sometimes You Just Have To Take The Leap
Is there anything you would you add to this list?