It’s National Tire Safety Week!
With summer road trips on the horizon, it’s the perfect time to make sure your car is fully ready for the road.
We’re heading to New Jersey, Virginia and Maine this summer, which will be long road trips for our family, so we really need to make sure our car is ready and safe for road travel. Not to mention, we’re on the road with the kids every single day heading somewhere in Rhode Island, usually a swim meet!
With my precious cargo in tow, it’s no surprise that women rank “safety” as the top consideration when purchasing a vehicle. I do, and I know I can’t be alone! When it comes to our car and its safety devices, brakes and seat belts immediately come to mind, but we often forget about our tires. Just like seat belts and brakes, tires play a critical role in vehicle safety. While seat belts stop you from moving within the car and brakes stop your wheels, it’s your tires that ultimately stop your car. That’s why it’s absolutely critical to understand how to maintain them.
Three of the most important things you can do to maintain your tires and maximize safety are:
1. Check your tire pressure: Keep your tires properly inflated
2. Check your tread depth: Make sure you have at least 2/32 of tread
3. Make sure you get your tires rotated every 7,000 miles or 6 months
I’m giving away a “Road Trip Kit” Package this week!
– $50 gas gift card
– $10 iTunes gift card
– Michelin tire pressure gauge
– Michelin Man “BibCoin” penny for tread tests
– Michelin USA East or West Green Guide (featuring “best of” restaurants and accommodations across countless destinations and stops).
– Michelin 2015 road atlas
– Michelin “Must See” Yellowstone Guide
Stay safe on the road this summer and make sure you’re checking your tire safety!
Join the conversation with us on Twitter by using the hashtag, #safetires.
How can you enter?
Leave me a comment where your tires will be bringing you this summer!!
I will choose a winner on Tuesday, June 10th!!