I’m all about finding the Best Books for Kindergarten. I’m passionate about finding the best books and bringing them into my house and reading them to my grandkids. I really love to make sure I know exactly what they need and what I can do to help the process of Kindergarten. It’s been awhile for me as a parent going through it, but I’m passionate about my grandkids doing it.
Best Books for Kindergarten
I really took some time with this list and found – what I believe to be the best – 10 Best Books for Kindergarten. I loved watching my kids love Kindergarten. It was such a fun time in their life and really set the path for the future. It’s a time when you really can sit back and enjoy and love what they have going on. This is when reading becomes fun and important for the future.
As a retired English Teacher/Reading Specialist, I didn’t leave behind my love of teaching and enjoying books when I closed my classroom door for the last time.
Now, as a Grandma of 11 (ages 3 months – 13 years), I still treasure sharing my love of books and bringing along my grandkids on great, fun, learning journeys at the turn of each page.
Summer is a wonderful time to embrace the world of books with your kids, not only as a way to develop a love of reading, but to continuously improve important reading skills and comprehension.
Here are my 10 top “picks” for kids getting ready to enter Kindergarten. I love this picks for Best Books for Kindergarten – let me know what I’m missing and I will add them right on in, too!
1. How Do Dinosaurs Go To School ~ Jane Yolen & Mark Teague – Fun read-aloud verse with wonderful illustrations
2. Miss Bindergarten Gets Ready for Kindergarten ~ Joseph Slate & Ashley Wolff – Delightful rhyming-text peek at the first day of Kindergarten
3. Look Out Kindergarten, Here I Come! ~ Nancy L. Carlson – Fun, encouraging story about the feelings of apprehension for this new, big adventure called Kindergarten
4. Alphabet Adventure ~ Audrey Wood & Bruce Wood – Cleverly written alphabet book that calls attention to both upper and lower case letters
5. Library Lion ~ Michelle Knudsen & Kevin Hawkes – Humor and humanity combine beautifully in this story about a lion in a library
6. The Kissing Hand ~ Audrey Penn & Ruth E. Harper – Endearing story of parental love and reassurance as a child heads off to school for the first time
7. Let’s Get Ready for Kindergarten! ~ Stacey Kannenberg – Productive and engaging book of Kindergarten readiness
8. Lilly’s Purple Plastic Purse ~ Kevin Henkes – Wise, wonderful story of student/teacher relationships and respect
9. Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! ~ Mo Williams – Hilarious journey of fabulous fun while getting “into” a story