So you wanna be a blogger?
If you answered YES to this question, then you need to get yourself ready to rock and roll!
I had such a wonderful response to my post last week – 10 Reasons to Start a Blog – that I couldn’t help but start to piece together some ideas for some future postings. I received about 100 emails last week from women and men asking me for some advice or some tips about blogging… and I LOVED it! The power of the blogging community lays within its members and we all make the community bigger and stronger together – so blog, blog and blog some more!
The most common question I got last week was, “How do I start?”
The answer to this is simple… you just need to get yourself going. I know, I know – easier said than done, but the advice is true – get yourself in front of a computer and start typing.
Here are 5 tips to get you moving:
1) Make sure you have a clear idea as to what you want to blog about – food, crafting, fitness, fashion, beauty, lifestyle, DIY, decor, motherhood, personal blog, etc. The list could do on and on and on. If you’re leaning towards really niching yourself, don’t be afraid to do that either!
2) Think of a GREAT blog name. Make it something that is not hard to spell or pronounce. You don’t want people to look at your blog name and scratch their head.
3) Don’t worry about blogging being something that is expensive. You can start a blog for less than $50! You have to pay money for your domain name and a small fee for your host service. I love blogging because the overhead cost is SO SMALL. It’s a wonderful perk.
4) This is BIG advice… don’t be afraid to tell people you’re blogging! Your first readers will most likely be people you KNOW. You want people to come and read. You want people to come and share. You want people to come and comment. I can’t tell you how many people get afraid to share the news that they’ve started a blog. If it makes you feel more comfortable to blog for a month or two before you share, that’s totally fine… but do spread the word.
5) JUST DO IT. Don’t laugh at this advice… because it’s true! Just get out there and START TYPING. It’s the first thing that will actually get you moving. You just need to sit and do it. Don’t say tomorrow. Don’t say next week. Start it and go with it!