How to Get Food Coloring off your Hands! I had a little too much fun being “Lucky the Leprechaun” yesterday before the boys got home from school. I dyed the milk, the toilet water, their water bottles and cookies. By the time I was done, it looked like I had dyed my hands on purpose, too! They were COMPLETELY green. So the question became – How to Get Food Coloring off your Hands. I also know that during the Easter holiday this is a HUGE question, too for moms and dads and their kids! My kids pretty much dye their hands more than their eggs! It’s so funny!
How to Get Food Coloring off your Hands
I happened to be on Pinterest yesterday afternoon and noticed a pin about getting food dye off your hands easily and naturally (I didn’t want to use chemicals!). I tried it immediately! It was super easy and it worked REALLY well!
All you need for How to Get Food Coloring off your Hands:
– Lemon (juice or real)
Steps for How to Get Food Coloring off your Hands:
- You take about 3 tsp of salt and put it in a bowl.
- Then squeeze lemon juice into the bowl. Your goal is to create a paste with the salt and lemon… you want it to be a good pasty consistency.
- Once that is done, rub the mixture on your hands. If need be, add more salt and lemon.
- Just keep rubbing away at the dye on your hands. It took me about 5 minutes, but I was able to get 90% of it off!
- After you’re done, wash with soap and water. It’s that easy!
Here is a photo of my steps on How to Get Food Coloring off your Hands, as you can see – it worked really, really well! Now this was food coloring on my hands – not the Easter Egg Dye – this is what is in food coloring: Food coloring, or color additive, is any dye, pigment or substance that imparts color when it is added to food or drink. They come in many forms consisting of liquids, powders, gels, and pastes. Food coloring is used both in commercial food production and in domestic cooking.
Let me know if this helps you or not!! We’ve been doing this with the boys and it’s awesome! BIG HELP for How to Get Food Coloring off your Hands!!! Love this and I hope it helps you when you need it!! I know we’re now 100% set when it comes to BIG holidays where the food dye and food coloring comes out to play!!!!!
What inspired you on Pinterest?