5 Ways to Save Money while doing your Holiday Shopping
I wish I could say I was a fabulous coupon mom who knew everything there was to know about the “coupon game.”
Truthfully, I don’t.
I wish I had the talent to walk into CVS/pharmacy and literally spend $2.50 on 10 rolls of toiler paper, 3 rolls of paper towels, 15 cans of tuna fish and 14 bottles of shampoo. I just don’t have the talent for that kind of coupon shopping.
BUT, I do have a talent for sniffing out coupons and deals for holiday shopping on bigger ticket items.
Here are 5 Ways to Save Money while doing your Holiday Shopping:
1) Join your favorite stores email lists! I know, I know… the last thing you want is EXTRA email, but I’ll tell you what – it’s wonderful getting special deals/coupons delivered right to your inbox!
Here’s a sneak peek from what I get from my Barnes & Noble email –
2) LIKE your favorite stores on Facebook! Many times stores will give their Facebook fans exclusive deals or let them know about them first! It’s a great way to stay ahead of the game!
Here’s an example from Old Navy –
3) ASK! I know this may seem funny, but it’s TRUE! Whenever I go to Kohl’s or Macy’s or The Children’s Place I always ask, “Do you have any deals or coupons right now?” Literally 10 out of 10 times they will tell me. I was just at The Children’s Place last week and the woman said to me, “Yes… we have a 20% off coupon. I can ring that through for you.” BOOM!
4) Always visit the site you want to buy from – even if you’re heading in-store. The GAP, Banana Repubic and J.Crew are notorious for having sale codes on their sites for in-store purchase. It’s ALWAYS good to look!
5) Retail Me Not – It’s the world’s largest coupon site! It has everything and anything you need when it comes to seeing if a store has a coupon available for print or code.
HAPPY HOLIDAY SHOPPING!