I had the pleasure of hosting a Rhody Mamas Lounge with my cousin Jen Senecal at Give & Glam at belle mer in Newport, RI on October 4th, 2012.
Give & Glam has turned into Rhode Island’s most talked about girls’ night out! The location at the luxurious Belle Mer on Goat Island in Newport was exceptional! Give & Glam’s upscale shopping, beauty and fashion event with a glamorous pink carpet arrival for guests… sparkled and dazzled everyone who came, but the most important thing about it was what it’s for. This exciting event helps raise funds and awareness for five local charities, including:
1. Hasbro Children’s Hospital: Dream BIG Calendar will be sold at the event, all proceeds will go towards the hospital. Alex & Ani in the sponsored Rhody Mamas lounge will also provide 20% of sales to the hospital.
2. Friends Of Ballard Park will participate with an awareness booth. The organization
helps protect Newport’s only nature preserve.
3. Look Good…Feel Better will receive $1 per ticket sold. The organization raises self-esteem for those in cancer treatments.
4. Sojourner House will participate with a donation table. The organization supports victims of Domestic Violence.
5. Shri Service Corps will receive $1 per ticket sold. The organization offers yoga for city youth.
My cousin and I had such a great night… we GLAM’d UP and we’re super excited to participate in the Giving Back to Rhode Island Charities! The Hasbro Children’s Hospital is near to my heart because with 4 sons, I love knowing that I live close to this wonderful hospital. I’ve spent 2 long days there in the past… once with my Alex when he had pneumonia and once with my Henry when he had an awful, awful flu. So bringing awareness and money to them is very important to me!
Here are some photos of the evening!