Ever wake up to a summer day where it’s just pouring outside? You start to get upset because it’s the SUMMER and every single day is supposed to be gorgeous and beautiful and sunny? I wanted to share What To Do When It Rains in the Summer. We’ve all been there, but when you have kids it can be a little bit more difficult. You really need to make sure you keep them busy!
What To Do When It Rains in the Summer
Today when we woke up it was pouring outside. I mean, POURING. Kids are in the house just wanting to be outside. I’m in the house trying to work and wishing I was outside. We all want to be OUTSIDE, but with this thunder we just can’t. It’s a day that’s just not going to work and that’s just the way it is right now.
Since I’m a mom and need to keep the kiddos moving, I’ve been reading a TON of lists of what to do when it’s raining. The only problem, many of them require me actually leaving my house. I don’t want to do that, I need to stay indoors in the McClelland house. When it’s raining – who wants to leave? You want to stay dry inside, not be wet outside even if that’s just running to the car!
So I’ve come up with 7 Ideas on What To Do When It Rains in the Summer! I hope one of these ideas or all of them inspires you!!
1) BINGO — Never did I think that this game could have as much “power” as it does. The boys have been playing for the last hour in the playroom by themselves (and quietly!).
2) MATCHING SOCKS — Don’t laugh, they don’t know it’s a chore yet. 🙂 I have a full basket of socks that need matching so I’m going to have a contest to see who can match the most. My money’s on William.
3) 4th of JULY DECORATIONS — My son Alexander LOVES to draw, so I’ll be having them draw some American flags today to decorate the house. I never decorate for the 4th, but if we’re home… we might as well!
4) BAKING — Baking cookies is always a fun activity to do – any day, at any time!
5) WONDER BALL — Do you remember this game from gym class from years and years ago? I just introduced this to them, with the disclaimer that they can’t throw it at each other. They have to gently pass it back and forth.
6) MADLIBS — I used to love doing this when I was a little girl! I bought a bunch of Madlib notebooks at Old Navy a few weeks ago and I gave them to William and Alex this morning. They sat on the couch laughing and giggling the whole time! Love it!
7) DANCE PARTY — I can just turn on the music and watch my sons ROCK. IT. OUT! They love some of the new pop songs right now, so it’s adorable watching them all bounce and twist and turn around the kitchen! Love it!
I have one more bonus when it comes to What To Do When It Rains in the Summer because this is personally my favorite!
8) APPLE TV — When all else fails, there’s always a movie to watch, right?
Make sure you check out our YouTube channel for some fun family content, too!
Also see what else I have when it comes to summer fun on the blog: