Each Tuesday we’re going to dish about our faves in the beauty category and personally share what’s working for us in fabulous ways!
Today… I’m all about the Gel Manicure.
I usually work about 12-14 hours a day, no joke. To take time for myself, well… that’s a luxury that doesn’t happen too often. I really have to carve out the time to do it, and it’s been my mission to do so lately. So yesterday, I made the time to get a manicure. But not just any manicure, a GEL MANICURE.
I’m in love with the gel because it stays on my nails for up to 10-12 days, without fail. I’ve had such success with the gel because a regular manicure just doesn’t work for my “regular life.” I’m cleaning. I’m washing my hands. I’m doing bath time. I’m cooking. I’m baking (OK, sometimes). Whenever I have a regular manicure, my nails don’t hold up. There’s chipping on day 2 or 3 and it drives me CRAZY! My manicurist suggested the Gel about 3 months ago and I’ve never gone back.
The Gel is about a 30 minute procedure and it’s super easy. There’s a layer of clear gel, 2 layers of the gel polish and a clear layer to set everything. In between each layer, you harden the gel under a light. I can’t get over how simple and easy it is.
Here are my 5 Reasons Why I Love the Gel Manicure:
1) There’s NO drying time (this is the biggest draw for me!)
2) It leaves my nails feeling and looking shiny and extra smooth, no bumps.
3) It stays put for 10-12 days.
4) There’s no restrictions when it’s on. With a normal manicure, you get worried about cleaning or being in the water too much… nothing like that with the Gel!
5) There are over 30 colors now to choose from for it, so you can find a color you love… and I have found my OPI #12!
Here are my nails from yesterday!
I always go for the darker colors!