Sunday night… wow, last Sunday night I was in the ER with Matt trying to figure out if he had the stomach flu. It’s pretty crazy to think that was a full week ago.
Throughout the last week I feel like I’m learned a lot and sort of have a different outlook on things. I’ve always known that I’ve never needed money or power or “things” to make me happy. For me, I’ve always wanted to be a wife and mom… I knew those were the things that would make me happy. Make me fulfilled.
But it’s been this week… I’ve really realized that 5 things will always make me smile…
1. I will always smile when my husband winks at me. You know that wink you get from the one you love, it’s a sexy/sweet wink, that perfect mix wink. I LOVE that wink.
2. My sons getting their haircut. I have to say, it’s always been one of those things that makes me smile. They look so cute when they’re sitting in the seat like “big little men” just waiting for the scissors to cut away. My Henry just melts my heart because he refuses to relax his shoulders.
3. A fresh steaming cup of coffee. Without fail, it makes me smile.
4. Picking my sons up from school. I know it won’t last forever, but it’s nice seeing their eyes light up when they see me waiting for them.
5. Watching my sons swim. William LOVES it and has turned into a little flying fish. Alexander loves his lessons and parades around like he’s the coach. And Ben and Henry are too cute during their lessons, trying to be like big boys (like they’re brothers) and swim. They all have the same ear to ear grin when they get out of the water.