Now that I have 2 boys in “real” school, I’ve become even more aware and passionate about finding companies that are doing something and giving back to our schools. You don’t realize just how important it is until you actually have little ones in school!
I remember being a little girl, heading to school for the first time and (literally) having everything supplied for me. I didn’t have to worry about bringing my own pencils and scissors and crayons and erasers and rulers, it was all supplied. Well… times have changed. My sons William and Alexander both had a list of items that they needed to bring to school this year, my husband and I happily bought everything that was needed on their list… but it got us thinking, “Wow… with all the budget cuts, there isn’t enough money for extra supplies.”
But would if there was a way to make that happen?
Well, there is… Bing Deals for Schools.
WHAT IS “Bing Deals?”
Microsoft’s innovative way of growing local commerce and saving consumers money, while at the same time, supporting funding of local schools across the nation during this critical time.
This is what I love about it, Bing Deals brings back the essence of local commerce, fostering relationship focused elements:
1. Businesses no longer have to bank on one-time surges, but rather, they can look forward to a constant increase in sales, supported by the Microsoft Punchcard loyalty program and “Accelerated Deals,” that become more valuable as more people use them.
2. Consumers will have a venue to buy the products and services that they are already purchasing, but at a discounted price, while at the same time positively impacting their local communities by securing much needed funding to local schools.
– Schools are signed up to the program at www.bingdeals.com.
– Merchants are sourced and signed up through a simple online form;
– Bing helps merchant plan and runs the Deal;
– Bing helps drive marketing efforts for the Deal;
– Consumers find and purchase deals on Bing Deals;
– School PTAs earn payout for Deals sourced and sold by them
This is such a wonderful way to support your local school and community!