Step 2 recently sent me their Wild Side Riders Giraffe to review for my boys.
There’s nothing my sons’ love more than toys that you can physically ride on. I don’t know if it’s a boy thing or not, but they gravitate like bees to honey for anything that they can ride on!
When it comes to bringing any toys into this house, I have 3 things that I look for:
1. Durability – I need to make sure the toys will last through 4 boys!
2. Quality – I want to make sure the quality is good, nothing will break off or fall off.
3. FUN factor – I like to know my sons are having a blast with toys and that they’re causing some laughter and delightment.
As soon as I took “Giraffey” (as it was named as soon as it arrived) out of the box to put it together, there were a couple of things I noticed that I liked immediately –
– It was very lightweight (always good when you have little kids)
– It was absolutely ADORABLE!
– It seemed very easy to put together (something I don’t always think when I see toys not assembled already).
My husband put “Giraffey” together very quickly, as the boys hovered around him trying to assist and then it was time to test it out!
My sons LOVED that you can ride it, my oldest son William (who is 6 years old) was too big to ride it, but his younger brothers had a BLAST riding in and out of our kitchen. As a matter of fact, our 4 year old Benjamin couldn’t stop laughing and trying to keep it away from his brothers! He really took to it. As a mom, taking a look at the Wild Side Riders Giraffe, I love that it kept my sons moving around. They had to physically get involved with the toy by riding it around the house. We have wooden floors throughout our living room and dining area, and a tile kitchen, so they had full reign of the downstairs to let loose with “Giraffey!”
Other things I thoroughly liked about the Wide Side Riders Giraffe:
– I really thought the contoured seat was a great idea for the toy. It also has an easy to grip handle, which is great for little hands. Having 2 little guys this was WONDERFUL for them in terms of holding on tight and making me know that they weren’t going to fly off!
– Giraffey is made out of durable poly construction, we have toys made of this same kind of material and they’ve lasted for years! So I was happy to see that.
– I also love that even though the age range says 18 months and older, I liked seeing that my 5 and 6 year old got a kick out of it, it doesn’t come off as a “baby toy,” it’s just a very cool ride and toy to have in the house! There aren’t many things I can say that about with having a 6, 5, 4 and 3 year old! I love that this covers the spectrum because even though William didn’t ride it, he set up obstacles courses downstairs for his brothers!
All in all, I really liked it… and I’m absolutely getting one for my nephew for Christmas!
Disclosure: Step 2 sent me Wild Side Riders for review.