We’ve been talking about jeggings, jeggings and more jeggings lately! Just as we were all getting used to the definition of jeggings… another word has been tossed into the fashion ring – SKEGGINGS.
Just what are SKEGGINGS?
Yup… leggings with a skirt attached.
Skeggings aren’t really anything new, little girls have been wearing these for years. But… adult women? Yes… it’s a whole new trend – especially wearing these outside of the gym. I’ve tried them out… I felt like I had to. I completely passed judgment on jeggings before I even set foot in a pair (I have now, thanks to Miraclebody jeans and I love them!). When I started hearing all this chatter about the skeggings, I knew I needed to try them out. I will say, I do like them. I don’t know if I would wear them out on a date night with my husband… but I would definitely wear them to pick-up the boys or heading out to the grocery store.
This is what I like about skeggings:
1. You do get the trendiness of the leggings with the added cuteness of the skirt.
2. If you feel uncomfortable about your “rear” showing up in leggings, the skirt absolutely hides it.
3. You can get away with wearing them with different types of shoes – flats, flip flops, Uggs and even high hell boots!
4. They are COMFORTABLE. SO COMFORTABLE!
5. You can wear something very simple on top – just a plain tee or tank. They’re very easy to match pieces with. I recommend solid colors.