I cannot believe that for some kids, school is already in session! My sons start in September and we’re in the midst of back-to-school shopping for them all right now! My nieces even let me tag along on their back-to-school shopping trips, too. Since I’m one of T.J.Maxx and Marshalls Back-to-School spokespeople this season, I wanted to take the chance to talk about some of the latest styles and trends that are going to be a big hit this season. There are so many pretty cool trends for girls and boys, and the one thing I really love about this time of year is that kids are having fun with fashion.
So what’s “in” for GIRLS? Well… my nieces had a blast finding out what was trendy and in-style! They’re all about know what’s going to be the “coolest” on the playground.
It’s a mix between classic and trendy. What I love about this back-to-school season is that anything can be mixed together. There’s no limits to what can be matched. Some of my favorites for the girls:
• Jeans with embellished back pockets, five-pocket jeggings or bleached, deconstructed skinny jeans
• Fashionable sets: tunic and legging or dress and legging combos
• Mini-skirts in fun colors
• Cropped bomber jackets and military-inspired coats
• Scarves as accessories
So what’s “in” for the BOYS?
Since I’m a mom of 4 boys… I take pride in this question! Boys are going the classic route this back-to-school season. It’s all about finding pieces that can be layered. I love how everything is very laid-back and relaxed. Some of my favorites for the boys this season:
• Graphic tees under flannel shirts
• Bottoms with hardware and stitching detail, grommets and metal buttons on back pockets
• Plaid button-down shirts with western style pockets
• Classic polo tees
• Denim that is deconstructed with strategically placed rips, tears and patches
• Multi use pieces: hoodies that are reversible, lined or have convertible sleeves