Jeggings are the hot trend right now… it’s funny I was telling my mother this yesterday and looked at me and said, “Are you saying something wrong? Jeggings?”
So what exactly are jeggings?
Take a pair of JEANS. Take a pair of LEGGINGS. Mix them together and you get JEGGINGS!
I have to be honest, I don’t know what my take on Jeggings is quite yet. I’m going to need to try some out before I can give you my true opinion. Looking at them makes me scratch my head… but then again, you never know. I was dead-set against skinny jeans for the longest time and then became a lover this past winter. I was dead-set against leggings last year and then became a lover. I really think the KEY t these “daring” items is what you’re wearing with them…
Here are some of my tips off-the-bat on what to wear with JEGGINGS…
1. Wear darker colors on top. Dark colors slim and minimize you… so make sure you’re grabbing some darker shades for the top. With the super-duper-skinny jeans on the bottom, this will easily minimize the whole look.
2. Longer tunics and cardigans are always safe. Adding a thick belt always pulls an outfit together beautifully.
3. Don’t be afraid to pair jeggings with a knit dress. This look can be dressed up or down.
4. Go for some extra height. Heels elongate you… so if you’re going with the super-skinny… go with some super high heels or boots.
5. Make sure you’re getting a size that fits you. You don’t want them too long or too short. You want them to fit you just right. If you’re anything like me… that means a tailor may need to be called!
But really… they’re everywhere right now! As scary as they look may be at this very moment in time while we’re heading out to Dunkin Donuts for breakfast… I’ll regroup about this topic 6 months from now!