10 Things I’ve Learned This Summer… even though it hasn’t officially begun… already.
1. It’s probably time to just buy new shorts for Henry — poor little guy shouldn’t have to wear 3T’s or shorts that William wore 5 years ago.
2. Boys like to splash in the pool – even when you tell them repeatedly NOT TO SPLASH… they will splash.
3. My own sons now ask me for sunblock. That I love.
4. Pool time DOES get easier as the boys get older. I’ll never forget 2 years ago… post c-section running around the pool after a 3, 2 and 1 year old – I never thought it could get ANY easier.
5. Matching suits with multiple boys is key. I have the boys in these obnoxious, bright-as-can-be striped suits so I can keep my eyes on them.
6. William was only interested in tennis lessons when he found out it’s all about hitting a ball as hard as you can over a net. As he said, “Kind of like baseball, Mom.” (Well… kind of…)
7. That my sons get just excited about heading to the pool or beach as I did as a child.
8. That I should have continued my morning workouts…
9. I learned about Silly Bandz are…
10. My son wanted to join the swim team (in the same pool I was first on a swim team in)… made my heart go pitter patter…